Softball and Rain in the North East

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
Weekend of Sept 23rd - Tournament totally washed out.
The following week was nice until Friday. In rained like Noah had built an arc. It stopped raining Saturday morning.
Weekend of Sept 30 / Oct 1 - Rained out. Sunday was beautiful but the fields were unplayable.
The following week was lovely. Sunny mid 60s.
Saturday morning, the rains started and we were trout fishing in the pitchers circle. The tournament team did a great job and the fields were miraculously playable on Sunday.
Everyone (12 teams) got in 3 games, but bracket play was just the top 4 team, each getting a 4th game. We played at 8, 12:30 and 5:30. That was a long day.
Current Forecast for this coming weekend - 70% rain all weekend.

sigh.

Jun 18, 2023
yeah, it's been rough. We're just doing casual 10u fall ball for reps, but last night was the first game we managed to get in.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yup, it's been brutal. The weekend of the 29th was a washout for Saturday, and my niece's wedding. Practice was cancelled because of rain this Saturday, and I'm betting NE Finest has significant cancellations or delays.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
This weekend should be interesting. I'm the UIC at a tournament on Saturday there will be an 82 percent partial social eclipse in the middle of the first set of games. Wish I had seen that before we scheduled all the umpires, and the TD made the schedule.

Bonus points if you capture a double eclipse with a fly ball. On video of course, not with your bare eyes.

Jan 22, 2011
Does this mean there's only an 18% chance for any team drama to develop this weekend? :)

I figure there is only an 18 percent chance of a delay due to darkness.

This fall ball tournament has players moving up to 10u from 8u. Based upon some 10u rules discussions I've recently seen on here and on Facebook, there is an 82 percent chance there will be drama.

Jun 18, 2023
rainsoftball.jpg

Rescheduled one of our rain outs for tomorrow at 10am. (I also have a soccer game at 10:30)

Honestly 28% chance it's not raining yet is one of the better shots we've had.

Feb 1, 2022
Weather person on the local news said this is the 6th straight weekend with measurable rain in the NY area and there's rain in the forecast for next weekend too.

Jun 11, 2012
Yup, it's been brutal. The weekend of the 29th was a washout for Saturday, and my niece's wedding. Practice was cancelled because of rain this Saturday, and I'm betting NE Finest has significant cancellations or delays.
It actually turned out to be a rather nice day so far. I live pretty close to where NE Finest is held. DDs former college team has a double header today with the brand new coach and she asked me to pick her up at school & bring her and the dog since she still has friends on the team despite being old & washed up, hoping tfe weather holds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles