Feedback on swing, how can I help her

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Biggest problem I see here is the lower half. Her stance is too wide from the start, and then she strides another foot or so. No coil at all.

I recommend the kick stride drill and maintaining the resulting hip coil to toe touch. Add what FFS posted to this lower half drill.

Jul 23, 2014
I can see what you are saying about the hands....I guess that is part of my point. I don't think she does that on front toss and tee. I'll try and get some practic footage. I'm trying to figure out how to get the training swing in to the game situations.

I know her lower half is still a problem but it is much better than where she started this summer. She does coil but not enough yet. She has trouble getting the feeling of resistance...we haven't been able to crack that nut yet.

Oct 25, 2009
I can see what you are saying about the hands....I guess that is part of my point. I don't think she does that on front toss and tee. I'll try and get some practic footage. I'm trying to figure out how to get the training swing in to the game situations.

I know her lower half is still a problem but it is much better than where she started this summer. She does coil but not enough yet. She has trouble getting the feeling of resistance...we haven't been able to crack that nut yet.

Fix the lower half first. Otherwise the top half will remain arms.

The kick stride drill is very effective getting a batter to feel coil/resistance.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Fix the lower half first. Otherwise the top half will remain arms.

The kick stride drill is very effective getting a batter to feel coil/resistance.

I'd be inclined to teach the hands first here. As you do that the lower body will adapt ... and generally in a positive way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi