Embarrassing things you say to your daughter in games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
To my SS who just let a ground ball go through her legs....."this is not a bull fight and you are supposed to yell Ole' after you make a play like that"!

To my DD who just misjudged a pretty routine fly ball in the outfield....."it's a good thing you can pitch"!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The joke her first 2 years was that she runs faster to the porta-potty than when on the bases. Our steal sign would be BATHROOM. I would yell from 3rd everytime she was going to steal. I think she ran so fast because she wanted to get to third to punch me.

As the father of a DD with a notoriously small bladder, this is great!

Feb 21, 2012
DD#1 got all the speed in the gene pool, I feel bad for DD#2 regarding her speed but she has other great qualities.
DD#2 hit a line drive to left over the left fielder's head (outfield in a bit in 12U), I said "there goes my daughter with blazing speed stretching a routine triple into a double"

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
1. I used to always say "Don't Suck" when DD went up to the plate to hit. It was my way of saying to go up there with confidence - we are both quite sarcastic human beings. I used to get very dirty looks from the opposing team's parents and various fans that didn't know us. Well one day I said it to her and the umpire turned around and proceeded to tell me that I was the type of parent that gave sports parents a bad name and that I should be ashamed of myself. DD hit a deep triple and he turned around after the play and glared at me. After the game DD and I had a chance to talk to him but I am not sure that he ever believed us...
2. Now when DD goes up to bat I say "On the couch eating a bag of chips" and "Swag - loads and loads of swag". These are two terms that her D1 hitting coach tells her - she wants her to relax and go up to the plate with lots of confidence that the pitcher and infielders can see. People still look at me like I am insane.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
It could always be worse. DD #3 HATES to have DW go to her games. DD #1 was the same way. DW isn't into softball at all, but can turn into psycho parent at the drop of a hat.

Last summer DW's father had the chance to watch some of DD #3's games. DD #3 is very fond of her grandparents, and was delighted to have her Gong-Gong (maternal grandfather) watch her games. Until the games started.

Now, her grandfather loves to watch baseball and soccer on TV, and loves to complain all the time. Interesting to watch the Yankees or Mets with him. Constantly complaining about every player: "OH! He's no good! He took money to lose the game!" Let's just say I had to spend some time explaining to him that he shouldn't talk that way during a rec league game.

Dec 29, 2010
Hey kid get the piano off your back 10u

Hey kid get the air conditoner off your back 12u

Hey kid get the microwave off your back 14u :)

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Some of these posts had me in tears from laughing so hard! Geeeez, I thought I was bad! :) The porta-potty one is my personal favorite. Definitely gonna use that next game!

My DH to DD after a very "off" day on the mound:
1. Girl, you owe me $100 for pitching lessons.
2. You want spaghetti for that meatball?

They have an interesting relationship.

On a sidenote, some of the best ones I've heard were actually from other parents. DD said, "I have a bruise on my back from hitting myself with the bat when I warm up" and the mom replied, "Well at least your bat is hitting SOMETHING." Another Mom hollered, "Don't embarrass me!" every time her DD got up to bat. It became the battle cry from all the parents in the stand during that game - and we were all dying with laughter - even the girls.

Thanks for the laughs!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
I'm stealing some of these!

I've done this to ds13 before in football when it looked to me like he was slacking off..."You're going to be running down the field with three shoes. Two on your feet and one in your a$$!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06