Embarrassing things you say to your daughter in games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Hey, in the U[pper Midwest, NOT being blonde kind of stands out.

I really loved a picture taken of DD #1's rec league all-star team, after they had just taken 3rd at a tournament. DD #1 was the ONLY girl on the team who did not have blue eyes. In fact, she may have been the only brown-eyed girl in the whole tournament.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
To my DD who swung at a pitch that bounced on the plate..."My golf clubs are in the truck, let me go get you a 9-iron if you are going to swing at those".

To my DD who just slowed down her motion (again) during a change up and buried the ball 5 feet in front of home plate..."well, that makes 218 times slowing down your motion has not worked....maybe 219 will be different"

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
To my dd after she threw a curve ball 2 feet in front the plate. "What are you doing? The dirt ball is 5, not 3!"

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
To my DD who swung at a pitch that bounced on the plate..."My golf clubs are in the truck, let me go get you a 9-iron if you are going to swing at those".

Ok, now I don't feel so bad when my DD swings at a high pitch and I yell "Tennis anyone?"

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
After swinging at pitch high above their heads: "The piñata is later tonight, we're playing softball here."

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One game when my DD was struggling in the circle I called time and went out for a pitcher/coach conference and pulled out my cell phone and told her that if she did not get her head out of her $#& I was going to call her mother and ask for advice!

It is the parents' job to embarrass their kids.

Two things I've done to embarrass my DD #3:

When we are at home, or just family is around, I am supposed to call her by her nickname, which means "little sister" in the ToiSan dialect of Chinese.
When she is with other kids, I am supposed to call her by her given name. She hates it when I mess up and call her by her nickname. Some of her coaches know about her nickname, though.

Interesting thing about mixed race kids, some of the kids will look more like one race than the other. I knew some sisters from South Africa who used to have to swim in different pools because one looked "black" while the other looked "colored". For my kids, DD #2 looks the most European, while DD #3 looks the most Asian, with DD #1 in the middle. That deals with body types as well as facial features, DD #1 calls DD #3 "Scrawnle". DD #1 says DD #3 "passed skinny about negative five pounds ago. She's a Scrawnle."

Once, at a tournament, DD #3 had been running the bases really well. Her TB coach also has 3 daughters and one son. TB coach's DD #3 is on the same TB team as my DD #3. TB coach's DD #2 used to be on the same rec ball team as my DD #1. So, I asked TB coach whether DD #1 or DD #3 was faster at that age. TB coach has to think for a while, but says she thinks DD #1 had more muscle.

Just then DD #3 runs up and grabs me from behind. I wind up saying: "Hi Scrawnle". DD #3 didn't like me doing that in public.

Huh?........

Dec 18, 2009
Sidney Ohio
I didn't say this publicly, but sure the hell she was embarrassed...

'Honey, you better grab some girly supplies, find some dirt to rub on a spot on your pants, and get to the restroom...your bleeding through.' *yuck*

Those early days of DD having her monthly she didn't deal with it properly in one tournament. :(

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06