Embarrassing things you say to your daughter in games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I didn't say this publicly, but sure the hell she was embarrassed...

'Honey, you better grab some girly supplies, find some dirt to rub on a spot on your pants, and get to the restroom...your bleeding through.' *yuck*

Those early days of DD having her monthly she didn't deal with it properly in one tournament. :(

Was that really necessary?

Sep 18, 2011
o·ver·share
ˈōvərˌSHer/
verb
reveal an inappropriate amount of detail about one's personal life.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
We weren't even in the game yet. The pitcher was on warmup number 2 and both had been in the dirt but my DD catching just watched them role by her to the backstop. I yelled from the dugout "if you can't stop those I will find someone who can". My DD plays better pissed off. Possibly the best game she's ever caught.

The joke her first 2 years was that she runs faster to the porta-potty than when on the bases. Our steal sign would be BATHROOM. I would yell from 3rd everytime she was going to steal. I think she ran so fast because she wanted to get to third to punch me.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I embarrassed myself pretty bad while getting on her.
We were at a tournament and dd was having one of those days... pitching, hitting, and attitude were all wayyyyyy off. After striking out again, she went back to the dugout and kicked a bat bag, threw her helmet and $300 bat across the dugout all the while cussing herself out loudly. I'm on 3rd and immediately start in on her about how inappropriate her behavior was... When she back talked me, I got really loud and redneck, I told her off and to take her azz to the truck. ..I lost myself in the moment, when I looked up the whole park seemed to be looking my way and people where murmuring about what a jerk I was.... bad day for us.

Dec 19, 2012
More than once I have used the line: JESUS CHRIST you run like your mother! I could use a sun dial to get your Home to First time.

I also tend to get sarcastic and it tends to piss her off. Sometimes she gets the message, sometimes she doesn't.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Margie Wright to an IF that wasn't staying low on the play.

"You dating that guy again....whats his name....Bobing up and down."

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Ease up, folks. We all have those stories. Mine started at 10U, which I only coached for two years.

I was lucky-team mom my first 12u year said "Oh by the way no white pants this year coach. We prefer Black."

I said yes mam and later asked my wife what was going on. She filled me in. Such a blessing that team mom was!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06