Deodorant...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
The problem is the soap & or shampoo she is using... soaps is made with animal parts. The odor is your body trying to finishing defalcating them. Don't get offended, but you can prove this easy...don't use soap. Thats how I proved it to myself. Another way is to use Denorex shampoo, and just use the suds as your soap.

I would put iodine about the size of 1/2 dollar on her wrist. If it goes away in less than 2 hrs. she is deficient. Using it for deodorant is a sure way of killing odor, plus uploading needed iodine. Its what I use myself. Love your thyroid. If she is decedent she is getting it leached out of her, more than likely swimming, or drinking fluoridated water...ect

Don't go see another doctor... they already had a quack at it !!! You can also use the coconut oil and baking soda for tooth paste. Regular toothpaste leaches out iodine aswell... read the warning lables on the tube...
Oy vey.

I am not a doctor, but one thing I know for certain is that, even if I were, I could not provide a specific diagnosis for a person I'd never seen. In other words, you don't know that the problem is her soap or shampoo.

What you are saying about toothpaste being a partial cause of iodine deficiency is true, but let's not sound the alarm bells like the anti-fluoride lobby has done. The sky isn't really falling when you consider most of us take in iodized salt on a daily basis anyway.

elamber22 - I agree with those who've mentioned possible dietary and hormonal links. Your daughter's age and unique physiological changes have everything to do with what she is experiencing now, but you might look into some all-natural, homeopathic remedies that will work without altering her body's chemistry while she hopefully grows past this stage.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Just got through talking to DD, she asked if yours was on birth control? ( Not that she's having sex, my DD had to get on BC because her period lasted over 2 weeks since she started at 12. It balanced what ever was wrong for normal cycles )

She said some birth control will make you "smell funny". And girls sometimes have to change prescriptions. So I wondered if with puberty and natural raging horemones, if getting on some form of BC would help?

I agree with the above post, go see a doctor to find out the cause, not just cover it up.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
Is it really a problem, or is she just very self-conscious about normal body odor? You can assure her that after a day of playing softball nobody smells particularly good :)

If it's beyond what you would consider normal, I would see a doctor, NOT to give another prescription deodorant to cover up the symptom, but to find the CAUSE. Maybe a nutritionist or someone who specializes in functional medicine. It could be a hidden food allergy, not necessarily an obvious smelly food like garlic. I had a student with a bad BO problem at the same age and it was caused by a hormonal imbalance (which can also be made worse by food sensitivities). She could grow out of hit since she's hitting adolescence, but it may be best to have her checked just to be sure.

How do I put this...Yes, she really did stink. It isn't normal sweating that's causing it. Or maybe it is. But she had 4 games here in the Phx area on Saturday. She was smelly after game 2. I feel for her. Her doctor said today, to use it more often during the day. So maybe we will try that...maybe between games if possible.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
Maybe I should have added, but didn't feel the need to...but she matured early, became a "woman" at 10 1/2. She is 5'7", 125 and is barely 12. Maybe her body is just getting used to itself.

I appreciate all the suggestions. Thank you all.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
Just got through talking to DD, she asked if yours was on birth control? ( Not that she's having sex, my DD had to get on BC because her period lasted over 2 weeks since she started at 12. It balanced what ever was wrong for normal cycles )

She said some birth control will make you "smell funny". And girls sometimes have to change prescriptions. So I wondered if with puberty and natural raging horemones, if getting on some form of BC would help?

I agree with the above post, go see a doctor to find out the cause, not just cover it up.

She isn't on BC. But I will ask her doctor more questions...or get her into a nutritionist also. I do like that idea.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Oy vey.

I am not a doctor, but one thing I know for certain is that, even if I were, I could not provide a specific diagnosis for a person I'd never seen. In other words, you don't know that the problem is her soap or shampoo.

What you are saying about toothpaste being a partial cause of iodine deficiency is true, but let's not sound the alarm bells like the anti-fluoride lobby has done. The sky isn't really falling when you consider most of us take in iodized salt on a daily basis anyway.

elamber22 - I agree with those who've mentioned possible dietary and hormonal links. Your daughter's age and unique physiological changes have everything to do with what she is experiencing now, but you might look into some all-natural, homeopathic remedies that will work without altering her body's chemistry while she hopefully grows past this stage.

Since your getting yourself in a huff over anti-fluoride info, it would seem that you would use the same line of thought on that issue... It is dumped into a water supply, without seeing individuals, and the the dosage is the same for child and adult.

So since you are not a doctor, that would mean your not on the medical board of review either. I'm glad I need you to confirm truth.
Is the soap prognostication truth too??? Salt that is iodized is also laced with aluminum. The fluoride is the radiated bye product of making aluminum.

diagnosis??? hardly, just plain old common since. With products off the self at Walmart. You can't alter the bodies chemistry with typical application of iodine. You the one that has the sky falling.

Hormonal, and physiological transitions...haha... I'm thinking more in the lines of Mom got a coupon on a different kinda soap. What is you answer to OP??? deferral by referral. Do you use "Secret" deodorant too?

SoftSocDad...This a homeopathic remedies.... Have you recommended ICE for pitchers in the past or present ???? I didn't see you weigh in on that yet your "Truthfulness"???

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
I never stated that topical iodine would alter one's body chemistry. Although it can, that was not my statement. I was speaking in regards to other pharmaceutical treatments which might be suggested.

Why mock the mother for having possibly used a coupon? Maybe you're trying to be funny, but that's just rude. There's nothing wrong with suggesting that the young woman is possibly iodine-deficient, but the alarmist language was clear to at least one reader here.

I'm not sure what you mean by your final comment regarding ice, but feel free to PM me if you have a specific question.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
On a tactical note, perhaps she can freshen up with baby wipes between games until the DFC brain trust can deduce root cause. ;-)
Endorsed by combat troops and wildland fire crews in lieu of showers for days/weeks.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm not sure what you mean by your final comment regarding ice, but feel free to PM me if you have a specific question.

With all do respect, I really wasn't wanting to talk to you... Start your own post, ask a question, that I have experience with, and I'll give you my answers too.. :{))

You are recanting everything you took issue with.... Nor did I say anything about pharmaceutical treatments. I not mocking anyone. I am just answering the OP with what we did about the same problem. DD's Mother is one of the best coupons shoppers in the country. We found that when she saved more money by getting a higher priced product it caused odors in DD... This is our personal experience. That might be the only qualification needed on here, IF you got an answer, and want to help....

elamber22 you try if for yourself , before risking this proven treatment on DD... lol You see for your self it works, for grown men too. As far as getting a nutritionist ...If what I am telling you don't work... I would just switched to 75% real foods. Less processed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207