Deodorant...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
On a tactical note, perhaps she can freshen up with baby wipes between games until the DFC brain trust can deduce root cause. ;-)
Endorsed by combat troops and wild land fire crews in lieu of showers for days/weeks.

I like that too...you can add truck drivers to the groups. I would make my own with the same (chemicals :{)) baking soda & coconut oil though...I don't like the Dimethyl Benzyl, Ammonium Chlorides... :{))

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
On the forum Tigerboard, people can mob vote others off, which sends them into a kind of timeout for the day. I can see a benefit to that on many forums at times.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
On the forum Tigerboard, people can mob vote others off, which sends them into a kind of timeout for the day. I can see a benefit to that on many forums at times.

Kinda like deodorizing the posters.... I would agree, I would not do it too the passionate opinionated ones, just the wanta be moderators, and those dropping in on the conversation, without their answer to the OP... "relevance is riot reducing"~PC

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
For truck drivers, infuse nicotine and caffeine as well.

10-4... I hauled Race horses....one of the biggest complaints about that was the medicines and liniments odors, that got more reaction, than even the Horse*hit. When the last horse sale was over in November, they switched hauling to hogs....Thats where I got off the rotation, and went to winter in FL. did some grooming. :{))

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Come on now. My thread :). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...and I welcome & am grateful for them all.

I'm glad you said this....Just in case you think I'm controversial, wait till you see what happens when they catch up to my other answer to another post today...It is titled "Headaches" I read the mumbo junbo, than just gave my answer... I have put a disclaimer on one post a couple weeks ago. But it has worked for me... :{))

Sep 2, 2012
My DD catches, she sweats a lot, even more than most folks. She uses Mens deodorant. Only thing that get REALLY funky are her feet. That can be attributed to her sweat and her cleats themselves. We usually rotate her cleats from day to day, not using the same ones everyday. We use Gold Bond Powder between games and her Mom usually wipes her back etc between games (in the ladies room) which help with funk and bacne also. Think clean dry and medicated. We also spray / soak her catchers gear in anti bacterial solution such as Lysol. Smell, body smell is actually bacteria farts or more technically the gases produced by bacteria growing on the skin. REALLY........ LOOK IT UP.;-)

10-4... I hauled Race horses....one of the biggest complaints about that was the medicines and liniments odors, that got more reaction, than even the Horse*hit. When the last horse sale was over in November, they switched hauling to hogs....Thats where I got off the rotation, and went to winter in FL. did some grooming. :{))

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I was thinking about making sure that her equipment, isn't the problem, too. Cleats can be washed. If you don't want to throw them in the laundry, a bucket of hot soapy water will do it. If you need to, throw away the insoles and get new ones.

Check the glove for odor. There should be none. I have worn a microfiber sponge in mine before, to soak up dirt and grime.

Check the batting gloves and launder, those.

And don't forget my post where I washed my bat bag at the car wash.

I would buy her extra sports bras and sliders, and let her change, as necessary.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
My DD catches, she sweats a lot, even more than most folks. She uses Mens deodorant. Only thing that get REALLY funky are her feet. That can be attributed to her sweat and her cleats themselves. We usually rotate her cleats from day to day, not using the same ones everyday. We use Gold Bond Powder between games and her Mom usually wipes her back etc between games (in the ladies room) which help with funk and bacne also. Think clean dry and medicated. We also spray / soak her catchers gear in anti bacterial solution such as Lysol. Smell, body smell is actually bacteria farts or more technically the gases produced by bacteria growing on the skin. REALLY........ LOOK IT UP.;-)

Your right..and in context of this conversation....If you would allow me to suggest a couple things. I would soak her feet a couple times aweek in espom salts. for about 20 minutes. This would uptake some magnesium...that induces circulation. Its like gravity is pulling in down...I would oil the inside of the cleats with coconut oil, it is an anti bacterial, then wipe them down... this will be good for the leather, and get into its pores. I would just use straight baking soda on them. Its cheaper, and you can keep one covered in it. I would also have her oil her feet with it before bed... It will soften her soles as well. I would also get her a mini trampoline, and just bounce up and down on it, not jump on commercials for a total of ten min. every other day... This will open her lymphatic values. I would also have her give blood (donate), and you might find another clue, that will lead you to a couple more easy fixes.

Here it what I use... I get it at Walmart...
9-4-2012 7-28-43 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Your right..and in context of this conversation....If you would allow me to suggest a couple things. I would soak her feet a couple times aweek in espom salts. for about 20 minutes. This would uptake some magnesium...that induces circulation. Its like gravity is pulling in down...I would oil the inside of the cleats with coconut oil, it is an anti bacterial, then wipe them down... this will be good for the leather, and get into its pores. I would just use straight baking soda on them. Its cheaper, and you can keep one covered in it. I would also have her oil her feet with it before bed... It will soften her soles as well. I would also get her a mini trampoline, and just bounce up and down on it, not jump on commercials for a total of ten min. every other day... This will open her lymphatic values. I would also have her give blood (donate), and you might find another clue, that will lead you to a couple more easy fixes.

Here it what I use... I get it at Walmart...
View attachment 2436

PC, you work with Walking horses? Those guys know all the tricks of products being absorbed in the body for various uses and reasons. We have a horse farm 2 farms down from us who was the World Grand Champion winner a few years ago. Those trainers really know things that work for both equine and humans.