Deodorant...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Maybe her body chemistry is just not compatible with certain brands??? I personally will rotate between several brands. Its as if my body becomes immune to a brand and then that brand will no longer perform?????
True story, while in the army we would frequently live in the woods for two or three weeks at a time, practicing combat drills. So, obviously we didn't have daily showers. After about 10 days of only "washing" myself with baby wipes and using MITCHUM (not sure on the spelling) roll on deodorant... my entire unit looked like pig pen from charlie brown and smelled like a dumpster, I was amazed to find that I didn't smell like the rest of them. In fact I didn't stink at all (armpit smell) I'm sure the rest of me was ripe... anyway that brand of mitchum roll on unscented is by FAR the best deodorant I've ever seen (or smelled) ;)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
After re-reading post, and reading further into this matter, I have concluded the following:

• Never put nothing on your body that you can't eat...(exception being clothing)
  • Mix coconut oil with baking soda...80-20 ratio... oil must be over 74 degrees it suitabilities after mixing and returning back to room temperature. It will be like a paste. Use as deodorant.
  • You guessed it...you can use it for toothpaste too & whitener.
  • Use as a face cream, that fights acne.
  • Also use on cleats, to soften leather, and to kill fungus deep in the pores

PC

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
80-20 which way PC? I googled usage and there are more than a few ways to mix and use this concoction.
After re-reading post, and reading further into this matter, I have concluded the following:

• Never put nothing on your body that you can't eat...(exception being clothing)
  • Mix coconut oil with baking soda...80-20 ratio... oil must be over 74 degrees it suitabilities after mixing and returning back to room temperature. It will be like a paste. Use as deodorant.
  • You guessed it...you can use it for toothpaste too & whitener.
  • Use as a face cream, that fights acne.
  • Also use on cleats, to soften leather, and to kill fungus deep in the pores

PC

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
80-20 which way PC? I googled usage and there are more than a few ways to mix and use this concoction.
I went into the cave (dd's room) last night to turn off her light. Shes at a sleepover. On her desk was a jar of coconut oil and a mason jar of a paste next to it...I will have to ask her or dw what she does with that. May guess is a face or acne thing.

Just some of my findings on the toxin subject: About October I started just eating a plant based diet. Basically very minimal dairy and meat (still eat pizza at least once a week). I quit drinking any soda or alcohol. Anyway, I feel like a new person...just one extreme change is that I wake up now everyday at 4 am, no alarm, with a feeling like I have already had several cups of coffee. I started exercising a lot just because I feel like I can't sit still anymore. Plus my thoughts seem so clear. I keep thinking this is how life is suppose to be and my unhealthy eating and drinking have held it back.
Sorry...just feeling energetic this morning.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

I melt the oil over the stove...then use my cordless drill, with small whisk in it to mix

80 Coconut Oil, 20 % baking soda... here is another batch a friend uses... (not fastpitch friend...doubt if she would have here DD play pitcher/catcher either. :{)) )

Homemade Deodorant Recipe using Coconut Oil
Ingredients:
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda

she adds cornstarch... she's not interested in it as tooth paste...

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
You had me at cordless drill<<<<< :)))) My wife thinks it wouldn't be cost effective if we need to buy a new drill to mix it. :))
Thanks for clarifying.
I melt the oil over the stove...then use my cordless drill, with small whisk in it to mix

80 Coconut Oil, 20 % baking soda... here is another batch a friend uses... (not fastpitch friend...doubt if she would have here DD play pitcher/catcher either. :{)) )

Homemade Deodorant Recipe using Coconut Oil
Ingredients:
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda

she adds cornstarch... she's not interested in it as tooth paste...

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You had me at cordless drill<<<<< :)))) My wife thinks it wouldn't be cost effective if we need to buy a new drill to mix it. :))
Thanks for clarifying.

Here ...this will save you money...you get it at Wal-Marts

perfect-circle-albums-my-pics-picture3027-1-13-2013-8-33-25-pm.jpg