colder region games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Games

We scrimmaged Monday in 68 degree weather but they may cancel our opener on Friday do to low Temps:(

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Finally got outside on a small grass area yesterday on Long Island! Field is soaked in water and mud! Now of course today it 32 degrees and a wind chill of 15 so back inside today! Scrimmages canceled this week...1st game is hopefully next Tuesday!

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Obbay,

Looks like our fields the last two years. We are snow free, fields have been groomed and are ready to go. Tryouts end today and first game will be in two weeks or so (If weather keeps up maybe a scrimmage before then). Mother nature owes us and it looks like she is going to owe you next year :).

Apr 11, 2012
View attachment 7713
Umass Boston is looking promising...

I can't imagine what that's like in the middle of March..... I'm hoping and praying for all the players, coaches and parents back east and up north that you get your entire season in....

it's been great for the last couple of weeks and 70'S again this weekend in Kansas City (but rain and 50 today).....the first TB ASA and USSSA events are this weekend for the Missouri side TB players....

Jan 23, 2014
Tell me again why they don't/won't play high school softball in the fall? Both Midwest states I have lived in(first NE, now MO) play in the fall. The weather is definitely better!

Oct 10, 2011
Temps

What's the Temps supposed to be?
We just got a text that we will scrimmage tomorrow and it should get close to 50 but Fridays game could be 30s... hope they're wrong.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
This spring hasn't been as bad as some others.

When DD #1 was on the freshman softball team, they couldn't practice outdoors for a long time, and had to make arrangements to share the gym for indoor practices. Sometimes they had practices 4-6, or 6-8, and once or twice even 8-10 PM. OW!

Softball started practice this past Monday. DD #2 is on the track team, which started a week earlier. The track team has been over at the stadium practicing, and keeping out of the hair of the lacrosse, soccer and softball players.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619