Check in Friday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
DD10's team went 4-1 and placed 3rd in their tournament! She joined the team this fall, they had won only 3 games last year so they were so happy! She pitched in every game. 2 complete games(well, as complete as they get at 10u) and came in to finish the others when pitchers were worn out. She walked some girls,but struck out more. Only 3 runs were scored while she was pitching and she came in 3 different times with the bases loaded. I was pretty proud!

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
DD having a solid weekend including one blast that cleared the first row of cars in the parking lot.

My DD plays for one of the host teams, and if that happened at the Urbandale fields, I think we witnessed that shot. Couple of us dads were trying to guess the distance, figured it was easily 240 of more (200 ft fence+ 15-20 ft greenspace+ 1 row of SUVs= BOMB!) Congrats!!

Sep 18, 2011
My DD plays for one of the host teams, and if that happened at the Urbandale fields, I think we witnessed that shot. Couple of us dads were trying to guess the distance, figured it was easily 240 of more (200 ft fence+ 15-20 ft greenspace+ 1 row of SUVs= BOMB!) Congrats!!

Wow. Thanks (if it was the same one you witnessed) She hit her homer on Saturday morning at Urbandale. Game was scheduled for 830 but it was pushed back to 1000 because of the rain, so I guess it was some time between 10 and 1130 on Saturday morning. Sadly it was her first game of the tourney but her last homerun. I wasn't there to see it myself. Heard about it from the DW.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa

Wow. Thanks (if it was the same one you witnessed) She hit her homer on Saturday morning at Urbandale. Game was scheduled for 830 but it was pushed back to 1000 because of the rain, so I guess it was some time between 10 and 1130 on Saturday morning. Sadly it was her first game of the tourney but her last homerun. I wasn't there to see it myself. Heard about it from the DW.

Yep, that was it! I was preparing to start my 11:00 field maint shift. Next time you guys visit, I'm suggesting we divert air traffic:)

May 6, 2014
Double header in fall league play on Saturday and 1 day tourney on Sunday. We're a B team playing in an A tournament. Looking forward to seeing how DD's pitching stacks up against the A team hitters.

Well the tournament didn't go so well for the team. We lost 2 games and didn't get through the third due to loss of daylight. DD pitched all innings and while she gave up 10 walks over 2 games, she struck out 17 batters. She also went 4-5 on the day. The batters were able to get the ball in play but we weren't able to make many put outs and they would steal 3 bases and score on overthrows. We don't allow stealing in our league except for second to third (B rules) so playing in this tournament was enlightening to say the least where all bases are fair game. Overall, good and eye opening experience for the girls to see what the next level is all about.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Sloppy end to the weekend.

DD #3 had a rec league game yesterday. OF course these games don't mean anything, but it's hard to lose to a bad team right after beating a good team.

DD #3 only pitched one inning. It had been beautiful summer weather for almost a week, and it ended right before she took the mound. She pitched, not very well, in the rain. Down 4-0 right away. They have a 5-run limit, and after 3 innings they were up 15-11. DD #3 did some fantastic base running, stretching a single into a double, stealing 3rd on the next pitch, and home on the pitch after that. Looked like a sure win...

Then, the team's #3 pitcher, who had only given up 2 runs in the 3rd, gave up 5 in the 4th. Now down 16-15 Not to worry, the home team's 2 best hitters, DD #3 and the #2 pitcher, were up to bat. DD strikes out on a 3-2 count. Second best hitter hits an easy infield fly. Next batter walks, and has trouble getting stuck in the mud sliding home on a passed ball for the third out.

The high yesterday was 82. It was in the 50s by game time. Went from summer to fall in a couple of hours.

All the fun you guys in AZ, Tex, Fla, and SoCal miss. I bet none of you have even seen snow during a game!

In the end, it was a fantastic weekend. DW's health scare on Saturday turned out to be nothing to worry about, and she feels much better. I hate wasting an entire weekend day in the ER, while DD is pitching a great game, and have it be for nothing. OTOH, the fact that DW's health is OK makes everything worth while. Think of the poor young ladies on the Central Texas team still in the hospital, mourning lost friends and teammates while fighting to recover, all because a truck driver was distracted for a few seconds. Any one of those ladies would trade their throwing arms to have their friends back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi