Check in Friday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Tough weekend so far. After good start on Friday night where DD made a diving catch in RF on the first pitch of the game, she sprained wrist on a tag out at the plate later in the game while catching. Played today, but could barely swing the bat. No swelling and can move her hands but hope it's not serious. Further hope DW doesn't kill me for letting her play today.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD #3 pitched in a rec league game today. I had to miss it. DW was in pain, and the Dr. sent her to the ER. We spent all day there, but all tests were negative. Just seems to be pain related to recent surgery, but it could have signaled something horribly wrong.

Normally I text her PC when DD pitches. Today her PC's DS was playing in a rec league game in the next field over, so PC texted me. First inning, struck out the side. Second inning, allowed one base runner, but got a K with 2 outs and runner on third. PC also told me what DD is doing wrong with her mechanics. Something to work on.

Right now the house is very empty, unusual for a family of 6. DW is sleeping off her new pain meds. DS is off at college. DD #1 and DD #2 are at the homecoming dance. DD #3 is off at a friend's house. The dog is in the back yard. I think I will take the dog for a walk just to keep from being so lonely.

Dec 19, 2012
Our TB team is in Wapakoneta OH at the Red and White Invitational Saturday. We play Ohio Wesleyan (DIII) , Defiance (DIII), and Findlay (DII) back-to-back-to-back. It looks like we'll have perfect softball weather; mostly sunny with a high of 80 degrees. We do not have our full squad so a couple of kids will be playing out of position, but they should be able to handle it and it should be a good time.

It was a great day for softball! We stumbled out of the gate in the first game, but slowly gelled before losing 6-4. The second game was back and forth and we pulled out the 5-4 win. The third game was a pitcher's duel and we ended up winning 1-0 on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 7th. At the end of the friendly we did our ritualistic stop at a Chinese buffet. There's nothing like driving home on a full belly of peanut oil and MSG....lol.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DD's team did well this Sat. Round Robin winning all three. DD was called on to pitch because of injurious too two of the teams pitchers. DD hasn't been on the mound in over a year. Did ok pitching was able to get a win. DD is a contact pitcher so, she needs to rely on good fielding. At the plate DD went 8 for 9, 1 triple, 1 double and 6 singles & 2 walks. Was a nice day to watch a couple of games.

Sep 18, 2011
First Fall tournament, a PGF showcase in Des Moines. Not a deep field despite the fact that 16s and 18s are combined. The "college coaches attending" list is a bit thin for a showcase. But still will be fun to see them play in a tourney for the first time since nationals, especially since half the team is new.

We are still undefeated in Des Moines. 6-0 and about to play in the semifinals. We just beat a very good 18U Iowa Premier Gold team 7-3. They had beaten our big sister team 20-1 yesterday and nearly all of their players have committed to D1 schools. So it was a nice win. Our team has a lot of new players and it's fun to see them come together so quickly. Hopefully we can get two more wins. DD having a solid weekend including one blast that cleared the first row of cars in the parking lot.

First edit - won semifinal game 6-0. On to the championship game. It should be noted that no California team had the guts to show up.

Second edit- Bummer! Lost championship game 7-5.

Last edited:

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
For showcases, I would think many colleges are playing fall ball this weekend, at least on Saturday, and would stay close to home if going there on Sunday. Perhaps the PGF director should have checked that scheduling conflict....So probably local college coaches looking for any remaining uncommitted players? Yikes.

This thread is about "you" or "your team" doing something. What are you even talking about?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
This thread is about "you" or "your team" doing something. What are you even talking about?

In one of my posts I mentioned that my DD was playing in a PGF showcase with very few coaches attending. Pretty sure he was referring to that.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
For showcases, I would think many colleges are playing fall ball this weekend, at least on Saturday, and would stay close to home if going there on Sunday. Perhaps the PGF director should have checked that scheduling conflict....So probably local college coaches looking for any remaining uncommitted players? Yikes.

What in the world are you talking about? Diamond 9, PGF, Rising Stars, Ronald McDonald and others all have showcases during the NCAA/NJCAA/NAIA Fall seasons. It is actually a productive time of year for recruiting.

Mar 18, 2013
MN
We are still undefeated in Des Moines. 6-0 and about to play in the semifinals. We just beat a very good 18U Iowa Premier Gold team 7-3. They had beaten our big sister team 20-1 yesterday and nearly all of their players have committed to D1 schools. So it was a nice win. Our team has a lot of new players and it's fun to see them come together so quickly. Hopefully we can get two more wins. DD having a solid weekend including one blast that cleared the first row of cars in the parking lot.

First edit - won semifinal game 6-0. On to the championship game. It should be noted that no California team had the guts to show up.

Second edit- Bummer! Lost championship game 7-5.

Nice job!! My dd plays on your little sister team, 01's, out in Des Moines next weekend. Hope we can represent as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole