Belly Button thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
167s_Muscles_of_Back_Superficial_XXX.jpg

May 3, 2014
Yes - you mentioned previously that you were only a dad with e 16YO daughter not a coach or hitting instructor. Other than that I do not know you. But, you sure seem pretty confident you are on the right track and have decided to stop learning. Good for you!

Have you seen the work of Dr Liebenson? He and Dr McGill share many of the same philosophies.

The core/hip information is outstanding. Many great exercises/movements to increase core strength and identify muscle misfiring patterns.

See you do know me. Oh, no thanks necessary for the video to help you out. Sure you already seen it on BBD but, may be others on DFP haven't.

May 3, 2014
Also - if you really want to help your 16yo daughter - you should study the sling systems. That will tie in nicely with identifying mis firing patterns of the muscles as it pertains to certain movements.

May 3, 2014
and I would review some of the pitching threads and see if you connect the dots between what Boardmember, Javasource and RPauly talk about wrt pitching and overall athletic movements.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I am always trying to learn for my DD. You should know that from the info I'm able to find on the various sites. I read and study hitting a lot. Just the fact that my 16 yr old DD is still able to play with me as her only hitting coach is kind of proof , may be not.
Added:Laura the DD is a pitcher also don't normal mention that. Again I'm her only pitching coach also.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Then keep learning. Try out the cue. What's the harm? Do you think there is room for improvement? If so, why not explore?

I am always trying to learn for my DD. You should know that from the info I'm able to find on the various sites. I read and study hitting a lot. Just the fact that my 16 yr old DD is still able to play with me as her only hitting coach is kind of prove, may be not.
Added:Laura the DD is a pitcher also don't normal mention that. Again I'm her only pitching coach also.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Then keep learning. Try out the cue. What's the harm? Do you think there is room for improvement? If so, why not explore?

I'm always exploring and experimenting but, before I use my DD as lab rat I want to understand BB/A$$ first. I need more than a cue. Which is the reason for the help with an explanation or video/gif. BB/A$$ thread on BBD has to many remove post which, I'm sure you already know that, to make sense of.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Just try the cue yourself. What do you feel? Don't worry about the BB part yet. Do the first cue - try and keep your front hip lower than your back hip as you cock the front leg and stride.

May 4, 2012
Just try the cue yourself. What do you feel? Don't worry about the BB part yet. Do the first cue - try and keep your front hip lower than your back hip as you cock the front leg and stride.

It's a good cue. Sb easy for many girls to wrap their brain around. Thank you. Now what are "slings"

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here I'll help you out:
start at around 2 minute mark
the core is all about creating proximal stiffness to enhance distal power...

If you have more proximal stiffness, in other words no motion between the shoulders and the hips, so all of those muscles that cross the shoulders and the hips, that movement only takes place on the distal side. So the core is all about creating proximal stiffness to enhance distal mobility.

210f195.jpg

2jfk84n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207