Belly Button thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2013
Ok thx, but even a non-leg kick appears to have a higher front hip? Referring to Calhoun..
CalhounDiorio.gif

May 3, 2014
Please explain what the relationship is between the rear upper leg and torso.

Thanks.

Thank you Butter. I do believe that the feel you are attempting to create with the lower front hip helps. That said, IMO it comes down to how one interprets the belly button leading cue.

The reality is that the belly button (lower torso) is resisting being rotated towards the pitcher at the very time that it is rotated towards the pitcher ahead of the upper torso. The relationship with the rear upper leg during this time is key IMO, and shouldn't be ignored.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Buttermaker,
Leading with the belly button works if you also follow my other cue of trying to keep the front hip lower than the rear hip as you cock the front leg and pivot into the rear hip. Leading with the BB will then force the hitter to quickly flex the front hip as the foot lands and then quickly extend it - causing the front leg to "post" up

Can you post a swing or gif as your example, showing the 'leading belly button & 'lower front hip'.
Thanks in advance.

May 3, 2014
Instead of giving you the answer - try it out and tell me what you feel. I think I may have given the answer in another thread somewhere but I would like you all to try it.

What's the harm?

What should I be feeling if I'm doing it right? Where should I feel resistance?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ok - whatever that means.

All you guys do is watch slow motion video.

There's not one MLB player, College player or HS player that you can use as an example. That's what it means.
All you guys do is watch slow motion video
I'll watch the video at game speed.
When a poster 'claims' some newer concept the least one could do is show an example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06