A question for all you Bucket-sitters out there

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
We took a chance with Combat. untitled.jpg Took a while to break in, but looks like it will last more than one season.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Can't beat Vinci for the padding. But they're a bit expensive for a bucket mitt.

I have an Easton that has held up well and is large enough for my meaty hand. I think it was $50-60. Took a little while to break in.

Jun 19, 2016
Anyone have some updated recommendations? Most of these gloves have been discontinued. I tried a 34" under armour off of Amazon it it makes me fell like my fingers are in a vice grip. I don't exactly have big hands, but they are much thicker than the average female.

tux

Apr 25, 2018
+1 for the Mizuno Franchise. Not expensive and gets the job done. It was definitely a tight fit on my hand at first, but as with any new glove, you just need to work it in.

Oct 4, 2018
Louisville Slugger "Big Daddy" 34" mitt.
Made specifically for 12"balls and its designed a touch big to fit a dads hand and not a female.
I've had it for about three years. Works great. I think it was only around $75...

Not sure they make that glove anymore.

After extensive research I ended up with this one. Comes 100% broken in. Love it:

Apr 28, 2019
Anyone have some updated recommendations? Most of these gloves have been discontinued. I tried a 34" under armour off of Amazon it it makes me fell like my fingers are in a vice grip. I don't exactly have big hands, but they are much thicker than the average female.
Liberty Advanced 34” white with black laces. Great glove and all leather. Not like the Wilson A2000 that use imitation leather and charge crazy high prices for.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Louisville Slugger "Big Daddy" 34" mitt.
Made specifically for 12"balls and its designed a touch big to fit a dads hand and not a female.
I've had it for about three years. Works great. I think it was only around $75...
I posted this 5 years ago... lol
This mitt is discontinued. I actually had to replace this mitt after my truck bed cover leaked and filled a ball bucket full of water with this mitt in that bucket... I didnt know it happened for about 4-5 days in Aug 90 degree heat last summer... The mitt looked like a science fair project. A chia-pet looking ball of mold. I tried to clean it, but the leather was ruined and the mitt just basically melted.
I bought a new VINCI 34" mitt from Casedawg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish