12u - Latest Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thank you.

Why do you have her striding from behind her rear foot to in front of her rear foot?

2hrh8ux.gif

Oct 26, 2012
Thank you.

Why do you have her striding from behind her rear foot to in front of her rear foot?

2hrh8ux.gif

I have her starting a little open. She has a habit of striding a little too much closed sometimes. That's why we use the mats. In this video the mats were in the wrong spots. It should have been moved to keep her stride a little straighter. When she starts a little open she feels a better stretch in the rear hip.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I consider what I see here to be a lot more than "striding a little too much closed".

Why the work on adjusting stride lengths? What are you attempting to get out of that?

Oct 26, 2012
I consider what I see here to be a lot more than "striding a little too much closed".

Why the work on adjusting stride lengths? What are you attempting to get out of that?

Stride Length affects momentum. She generates more power starting with a more narrow stance because she has more force being delivered to the baseball being derived from the lower body. Too much momentum is a bad thing as well as you know, so we just look for that balance. We really focus on the feel and consistency of squaring up pitches. We are constantly work on controlling tension... trying to stay relaxed as possible while pulling back with the scap and keeping the corner.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Me personally, I don't work on the stride per say. I would never put out mats to encourage a particular stride length.

I've seen swings significantly impacted, negatively, by working directly on the 'stride'.

For me ... I place the focus more on the loading of the rear leg ... and that is what dictates the stride. For my teaching approach, the stride is a 'result' and not something to directly focus on. The coil causes the stride out.

Personally, I see the rear leg loading and coiling action as lacking in this swing ..... which is why I asked about the mats .... because it had the look of her focusing more on achieving a particular stride result than in simply letting her rear leg and coil dictate the stride.

Oct 26, 2012
loading around rear hip controls the front foot...she really pays no attention to the front leg.. .. like i said earlier ...pay no attention to mats ..or the front leg ...thx

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2012

lol...your the one that said she is striding too closed ...and u cant even see where i am throwing from...lol...

dont worry about her stride or the mats man ..lol

you pay more attention to the mats than she does ..obviously...haha

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
lol...your the one that said she is striding too closed ...and u cant even see where i am throwing from...lol...

dont worry about her stride or the mats man ..lol

you pay more attention to the mats than she does ..obviously...haha

Are you teaching a stride that is the result of where the ball is pitched?

Oct 26, 2012
Are you teaching a stride that is the result of where the ball is pitched?

lol... of course not ... man you should know better than that ...lol ...I am hoping you know that is not something to teach ??? lol ..

stop bringing up stride .... as I said earlier... its controlled by rear hip...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01