12u - Latest Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
I think you forgot too much adjustability! That was an 80mph off speed. Howe's the suddenness on a 92? :)

TheSchwarber.gif

Yes ... This GIF is a better example to follow. He paused and somewhat pushed on the changeup. This swing on the fasball allows him to adjust to the changeup. The changeup swing is not a swing you try and replicate...its an adjustment swing.

Only problem I see is that his head appears to rise slightly during his stride ...just like my DD when she widens her stance. I am not sure if this is a big deal. I have seen a GIF with Chipper Jones doing the same thing ... i believe.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
batdragon, his movement pattern allows him to continue loading (no pause) for the off-speed pitch. Your daughters movement pattern isn't the same.. So you need to look at both swings with a different lens.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe ... what do u see wrong with this ??? Its definitely not a push... the connection with her rear hip pulled the bat through a frame or 2 prior. Curious why you pointed this out ?? That gif looks good to me ... but perhaps u are seeing something I am not seeing.
BD, you are viewing this through false guidelines IMO. Your DD never properly loads the barrel, in fact she is ALL UNLOAD from her tip. She's pushing her hands. Have her continue to get her hands to the top of her handset LATE while the bottom half is well underway. Teach her how to stay inside the ball. Teach her how to dorsiflex the top hand - to maintain the loaded barrel - instead of being all unload.

BatdragonPush.gif

Going back to my new addiction now. These convos never really end well, as I'll tell you things you don't want to hear. So I'll just leave it alone. Maybe someday you'll send me a thank you note. It's happened many times before.

Last thought. Are your DD's hands being supported like this? Is she loading the barrel the same as Miggy?
cabrerra6_zps6481d663.gif%7Ec200.gif

Last edited: