12u - Latest Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
lol... of course not ... man you should know better than that ...lol ...I am hoping you know that is not something to teach ??? lol ..

stop bringing up stride .... as I said earlier... its controlled by rear hip...

BD, you are the one that told me that the mats were placed to work on “adjusting stride lengths”.

When describing how your DD strides too closed, you added a comment suggesting that it was important to know where you are throwing from … hence the question.

In any event, the lower body could use some improvement IMO. I'd toss the mats and promote more of a FbC type action. I'd also work on shortening the 'around' and enhancing the 'along'.

You've come a long way from where you started.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Teach her how to dorsiflex the top hand - to maintain the loaded barrel - instead of being all unload.
cabrerra6_zps6481d663.gif~c200.gif

This is something important too look into.....and understand the difference it can make. JMHO

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Agree! It allows a hitter to be short to long - to adjust. The difference between this and just telling a hitter to turn the barrel is HUGE.

cabrerra6_zps6481d663.gif~c200.gif

This is something important too look into.....and understand the difference it can make. JMHO

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Agree! It allows a hitter to be short to long - to adjust. The difference between this and just telling a hitter to turn the barrel is HUGE.

Maybe someday you'll send me a thank you note. It's happened many times before.
And I am one of them.....:eek:
Bold above is the reason I went back and re-read all of 1chapterhead posts on BBD. A hitter can 'over do' the 'turn the barrel to the ball'. There are some posters that have been down the same paths as 'us'. I felt there was a lesson to be learned with possible 'over doing' some things. Again JMHO.

Oct 26, 2012
And I am one of them.....:eek:
Bold above is the reason I went back and re-read all of 1chapterhead posts on BBD. A hitter can 'over do' the 'turn the barrel to the ball'. There are some posters that have been down the same paths as 'us'. I felt there was a lesson to be learned with possible 'over doing' some things. Again JMHO.

yes..definitely agree with this rdbass.

Too much of anything is not good. Finding the perfect balance with these concepts is the battle. My DD has a tendency to go too extreme towards certain concepts... things gradually sneak in or sneak out of her swing. Thats why its good to re-evaluate every few months to make sure she is still on track.

My DDs main battle is finding the balance of remaining relaxed as possible while keeping the corner.

I appreciate all your help and input over the years.

Last edited:
May 4, 2012

Is dorsiflexion of the top hand the key, or is it simply more an issue of holding things up/back with the top hand longer? Miggy chooses to do it while dorsiflexing that wrist, but a guy like Donaldson does not appear to, his wrist appears to stay flat...that's why I ask. I also see the same difference between Kelsey Vincent vs Haley Hayden in ULL swings. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach