11yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
What i see is a hammering/ push of hands...and stagnet inactive hands. Roll over is extremely odd! Way late or something...it just look odd...Looks good for her age

Breezy ... I am a little confused by this. How could you have both ?

Oct 26, 2012
Now Rich I know this kid is on your site... So I'll make your idiotic blog...you have been working with this kid for a while Richie. Why haven't you addressed her finish and her dead hands??

Breezy ... honestly please do not highjack my thread for personal reasons. I am here to get opinions from members here to help my daughter out.

I honestly do appreciate everyones opinions.

So please no bashing under this topic.... or use my daughter to bash others.

Start your own post if that is what you want to do. Please no more bashing.

Thank you.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
First swing:
7OWeI5.gif

Second swing:
Jrbdpy.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Bat,
I'm guessing first swing seemed to go over the fence. Second swing seemed to hit the fence (reason I used 2nd swing) line drive.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree with EricF and rdbass. I like keeping the hands close to the rear shoulder, but a little bit of space at just the right time could be beneficial. Both of them touched on that. Personally I am not a big fan of using the knees that way, but if it works for her and she is comfortable with it, why mess.... Great job. Hopefully she can duplicate that swing in game situations.

Oct 26, 2012
Bat,
I'm guessing first swing seemed to go over the fence. Second swing seemed to hit the fence (reason I used 2nd swing) line drive.

Thanks rdbass for the GIFs. You are truly an asset to this site.

I agree in your observations in the differences between her tee swing and her BP swings. I do like her tee swing because the load is more pronounced and deeper.

But.. I really think the main reason for the difference is that when she is loading with the tee she is loading based on pitch that has already arrived at the plate... instead of to a pitch that is still way out in front of her. Therefore, she is able to load deeper with a more pronounced shoulder angle. Also, since the ball is not moving timing is not a factor. For instance I noticed that when my DD loads earlier, she loads a little deeper. When she loads a little late the load is not as deep. Also, on an inside pitch she does not seem to angle her shoulders as much during the load as she does when the pitch is on the outside part of the plate.

These are not things that I told her to do or she does consciously. It just seems to be things she naturally does on her own for timing/adjustability purposes.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I agree in your observations in the differences between her tee swing and her BP swings. I do like her tee swing because the load is more pronounced and deeper.
Loading behind a corner.
May be your DD needs to let the balls get a little deeper in BP. Try having your DD think of hitting the balls opposite field in BP. Not only think Opp hit the balls opp field. I would do that in BP. Let the ball get deeper see how that works.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'd like to see her Show the pitcher a little more pocket....by getting the knob & the knee closer... JMHO :cool:

Right here.......

Jayla 12-26 BP.jpg
BB.gif

Attachments

• Jayla 12-26 BP.jpg
    Jayla 12-26 BP.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thanks rdbass for the GIFs. You are truly an asset to this site.

But.. I really think the main reason for the difference is that when she is loading with the tee she is loading based on pitch that has already arrived at the plate... instead of to a pitch that is still way out in front of her. Therefore, she is able to load deeper with a more pronounced shoulder angle. Also, since the ball is not moving timing is not a factor. For instance I noticed that when my DD loads earlier, she loads a little deeper. When she loads a little late the load is not as deep. Also, on an inside pitch she does not seem to angle her shoulders as much during the load as she does when the pitch is on the outside part of the plate.

These are not things that I told her to do or she does consciously. It just seems to be things she naturally does on her own for timing/adjustability purposes.

I was watching her vids today and thinking about what I would do (but haven't been in a posting mood). Probably on the same page as your thinking, I was thinking that I would start working her on "slow and early". Her starting loading slower, earlier, more fluid. Also, she never really gets into her upper loading and resisting. I saw Rich said to whatever post earlier that he doesn't promote "scap load". I know he means it doesn't load to unload, but I believe she is missing out to what some may discribe as a scap pinching...some back muscle resistance/pull...some hip resistance along with the barrel turn to get the rear leg pulling and whipping the barrel around the corner. Some effortless suddeness. A 'blackout' swing.
ice_zpsc3399eae.gif

The slow and early guy going slow and early:
bautistaoverheadzoom_zpsf42ad6e8.gif

pujolsback_zps288cde46.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi