11yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
Nice swing. She (you) have clearly spent a lot of time on her hitting mechanics.

Just a question. Do you think the barrel is too vertical (or even past vertical) to be the most effective in live game situations (i.e. easily adjustable to pitch location?)

I think the barrel being tipped just prior to "go" shows the scap is being loaded. It's really not being done by the hands but as the load/stretch rolls up the rear side of the body the tip just happens.

The tip helps utilize the SSC of the body and allows the swing to be launched with suddenness. So in my opinion it allows your swing to be a little more explosive earlier in the swing allowing your hands direct the accelerating bat barrel towards any pitch location. Tip N Rip.

Hopefully I answered your question.

Dec 29, 2010
Great work bd, her tee swing has a better pullback and she has that bat waggle with her hands( rhythm ). Also the tee swing her hands dont go forward immediately like her live swing. Get that rhythm to time the ball. She will eventually get it, nice work from both of you. You guys were the ones with the bad drag problem a year ago? Happy Holidays.

Oct 26, 2012
Worked on loading a little better.

12-26 BP
[video=youtube_share;N2u_nUsDdTg]http://youtu.be/N2u_nUsDdTg?list=UUCwPIa8IB-dzDF6PJR_1VXg[/video]

Oct 26, 2012
12-26 BP SloMo
[video=youtube_share;tDBTRKjUxQ0]http://youtu.be/tDBTRKjUxQ0?list=UUCwPIa8IB-dzDF6PJR_1VXg[/video]

Please let me know what you think.

Thx,
Batdragon

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This young lady is definitely a Hitting Illustrated hitter. I can tell Rich has influenced you big time.

Is that such a bad thing? Most of the better hitters/DD's have some HI influence and some DFP and some BBD influence. All the sites mentioned are trying to reach/teach a HL swing. It's how much of an influence a particular site has determines the amount of influence it may have on the hitters/DD's swing. Different ques click for different hitters/DD's. Most of the posters who post suggestions are influenced by HI, DFP & BBD. So, in a way we are all 'related'. I'm sure some will disagree. JMHO.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Jrbdpy.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maybe it's just a visual thing, but it seems that the separation/stretch could be taken a bit further. Donny Buster talked about getting the lead elbow behind the belly button, which looks like it could happen a little more with this hitter. Overall, though, great swing for a young hitter.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Maybe it's just a visual thing, but it seems that the separation/stretch could be taken a bit further. Donny Buster talked about getting the lead elbow behind the belly button, which looks like it could happen a little more with this hitter. Overall, though, great swing for a young hitter.

That was my thought exactly. With my cheap free gif maker I was going to try an illustrated that. I would like to see the hands/arms load as the the hitter FBC. The hands/arms are 'static' as the lower unloads. I would like to see the hands/arms continue to load until they are 'snapped' into the unload. I would like to see a little stretch from the rear hip and hands/arms. I hope that makes some sense.
My thoughts are right here in this gif. Along with a 'corner' that is missing in your DD BP swings
RBY7o2.gif

Try getting rid of the 'training wheels' (MATS).
Compare the hand/arm load to the tee swing and the BP swing
Jrbdpy.gif

Very nice swing either way.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I agree with that. And as you see I said the swing has been influenced by HI and then I gave my warning. I think you touch on something I always say...No one person has it ALL right...which is why the way Rich acts is a real joke! He has things I agree with and I would say he's good..just not near as good as he thinks he is. And with his attitude you would think he's cornered the market! No need for the constant negativity. I personally can't get past that part of his game! Jmho

Breezy,
I don't want to derail the thread. Not saying HI has all the answers but, it has helped me fill in some of the missing pieces that have been missing in my DD's swing. I'm not a member of the site but, check the blog all day, everyday. I feel my DD wouldn't be the hitter she is today if not for the site. Again JMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi