00 DD one year later....comments welcome

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
Well, this is a waste of time. I can see the videos now. I just got back from Verison and have a new PCS card. I don't see palm up in the Scarborough or Hillhouse video. I think there may be some tilt. BUT, in the Hillhouse video if his palm was up, the yellow ball would disappear, blocked by the grey ball. I don't see it. But I think it may be tilted.

I've already said this is a waste of time.........Because you can only see what you want to see.......Another principle of internet forum discussion.........

At the first pause in this clip........The balls are STACKED on top of each other.......Verifyable evidence that his hand is palm-sideways..........At the second pause in this clip.........The balls are parallel to each other and NOT STACKED one on top of the other.......Verifyable evidence that his hand is palm up and NOT palm to 3rd "wiping your wall".......In the last pause in this clip the balls are STILL NOT STACKED as they are at the first pause.........The camera angle is above and infront of the ball position........So no......The gray ball would not be hiding the yellow ball from this angle unless the camera was positioned behind and even with the ball position.......

8xu840.gif

You say video evidence means nothing to you.........I get that.........That is the premise of the Hanson Principle.....Reality vs. fallacy........

What is it we disgree on? The video reality of what really happens in high level delivery?

That fact you feel you're being "rediculed" by verifyable evidence tells me that you are very protective of your beliefs. To a flaw IMO.......I don't have a problem with that......As long as that doesn't manifest itself as condesending in discussion........

When you suggested the "wipe the wall" drill and I said I didn't like that drill........Your response was (paraphrasing): "Oh really.......Why don't you enlighten us"........

A condesending remark at best.........

Well Steve.......I've shown you why.....OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN........And you have yet to say "oh I see why you don't like it"........"I can see your point, whether I agree with it or not".........Which tells me that you never really wanted to know........

And that my friend is why this was a complete waste of time TO YOU.......Others may have a different opinion.......There is a lot of good information in the last couple of pages IF you "look" for it........And that good information is not in the form of "because I said so"........Or "because someone else said so"..........Or "because I refuse to believe or understand what I see"...........

If you don't want to know the answer........DON'T ask the question, I was always told..........

Peace Buddy...........

Oh ya........Regarding Ueno.......

This is what I said..........

Palm to the sky at 3:00

And this was your response........

But the palm up position puts stress on the inner elbow as it comes down to the 03:00 position. The palm out position, as demonstrated in the Ueno video is a more relaxed joint position. So NO, absolutely not, I don't agree with your premise.

Were you speaking of a different Ueno?..........Or are you just afraid to admit you were wrong..........It's ok to be wrong.........As I was in saying AS was your roll drop model..........Admitting it is something a good teacher should be able to do IMO..........

Once again......Peace dude..............

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well just in front of his face, the yellow ball is invisible. That is because he is palm down. At the other side of the clock at 09:00 the ball would also be invisible if palm up. It isn't because the ball is cocked back toward his head, that is why it isn't stacked, and it is palm out toward the wall as I say. The third pause the yellow ball is still visible, and sort short of stacked, because his wrist is still cocked. Is it tilted away from the "wall"? I don't know. It isn't clear. That is what the video shows me. That is what I see, because that is what is there. Now in the Ueno video, she is palm up, and in most of the others also. And I must say so, because that is what is there, and that is what the video shows.

No I don't say that I don't care what the videos show. I say I don't care that you post 10 videos showing this hand position. I can find 10 that don't. I just don't wast my time because you wouldn't change your mind if I did, and that would be the smart thing. Go copy my statements in post #29 and show the world what I said about Ueno.

No wait, I found it. But, that is an incomplete sentence. My intention is that her elbow position demonstrates that a palm out position would be more relaxed. So I admit to grammatical error. For me Ueno demonstrates palm up, and elbow stress. Indeed, it is poor English and should have said, "the palm out position, as demonstrated by this Ueno video, would be a more relaxed position (elbow), or a preferred position. But as I claimed many times after, anyone who thinks she is not palm up is an idiot or a liar. And on the enlightenment issue. There are many of us here who use the wall drill. I was speaking for us. I am still irritated at the Ueno video because you knew from the other comments I didn't mean this at all. I have said time and again her palm is up. I only question this Hillhouse video, the "roll-over drop" Scarborough video, and the Parker video. We know about the Scarborough video, and the other two are not clear enough or demonstrate effectively your point. However, the Ueno video could not be better! Period! End of story! On that we agree.

And what you have done is select some videos. That is not debate. It is not some empirical evidence for me. And as always, I still stand that the only pitch palm up enhances, is a curve-ball, and that is because the elbow is flexed and in back of the hip reducing tensions.

Jul 21, 2008
Well, this is a waste of time. I can see the videos now. I just got back from Verison and have a new PCS card. I don't see palm up in the Scarborough or Hillhouse video. I think there may be some tilt. BUT, in the Hillhouse video if his palm was up, the yellow ball would disappear, blocked by the grey ball. I don't see it. But I think it may be tilted.

Videos prove nothing to me. I can find 10 videos that are not palm up. What does it prove if I do? Nothing as far as I am concerned. I was a science major in college. I don't learn that way. I don't learn by ridicule, and I don't learn by misrepresentation. The irony is that in almost of your videos, I agree with what you see. Not these two, and not sure about Parker's student. But "hello elbow" doesn't make it right. Slamming the door videos don't make it right. Or should I say advisable since I am not the end all be all. So I agree they are doing it. Even Ueno who you also misrepresented my words. It was a fabrication on your part. A near blind man could see her palm is up. So why do you keep making a video argument. It won't change anything. It isn't evidence of viability. As Hillhouse explains in the Fastpitch TV video #2 (I haven't seen #3 yet), how you enter release with hand position is important. If he is doing it wrong, perhaps he needs to work on it. You should just accept that we disagree.

I would like to see these 10 videos.....or how about just 3 videos

Jul 31, 2011
Boardmember
I've been following your arm circle/hand position discussion and would agree with you for the most part- my difference would be that the ideal hand position at 3:00 instead of palm up is palm facing 3rd base (for a right handed pitcher). This is a neutral position that allows equal room for rotation to come under or over the ball at release. If you are palm up at 3:00 for the rise, you are already under the ball which limits, possibly too much, rotation into the release. The 3 ladies demonstrating- two I believe show facing 3rd base at 3:00 and Cat I would agree seems more palm up at that point. .. The ball to the wall drill promotes a palm down or toward 2nd base position at 3:00 and I might add that almost everybody who comes to me for lessons who have been taught that also have a locked out arm and muscle thru the release to a "hello elbow" finish.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
This is a neutral position that allows equal room for rotation to come under or over the ball at release.

But this is how you activate the kinetic chain of: elbow, wrist & fingers....that creates the Whip.... "convert"

Forget the wall.... think of the ball as a piece of round chalk, draw a circle with it.... don't scratch your fingers on the chalk board...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26