You've got to be kidding!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
GD, I feel your pain! I hope everything turns out well. Luckily my DD got away with a bruised patella and some PT this year...at least so far. Prayers coming your way for a quick recovery.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Tell the kid it could be worse. She could have Bubonic Plague. Man get use to it. I am nervous as can be myself given my dd's history. Last year at this time, the phone all about the line drive to the hand. Where is the wood to knock on?

It is one tournament. Hope it heals. Also, there is time believe it or not and it is possible that she just has water built up on it. Been there done that many times and so, when drained, it was always fine. Oh, not saying that your dd should do that. I was/is stupid.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Argh! Sending good thoughts towards a speedy recovery! Meanwhile enjoy the Olympic stories. One of the female ski jumpers tore her ACL last August and is competing now, 6 months later! One of the speed skaters fell and sliced open his leg down to the bone- yep, he's back just a few months later. Doctors always say that it's amazing what athletes can endure and recover from.

(And be happy you're in warm-ish weather. It's been -18 here and I got to spend all of yesterday fixing the frozen pipes under my kitchen sink :) )

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Never easy for players to battle injuries. The inactivity is just as difficult as taking their cell phone away from them. It's a concern of mine because my DD always seems to be an accident waiting to happen. She has had more broken bones already than I have had my entire life. I hope your DD recovers quickly! Good luck!

Dec 7, 2011
Funny how I now look back and in the younger years in SB for my DD the biggest injury concern was a finger blister or maybe a light twisted ankle. Then came HS and TB-A and D1 dreams and going after playing at these higher levels. Then "injuries" became equivalent to taxes - they WERE going to come around each year and it WAS going to rape my wallet and cause the family to shed a load of tears.....

Best of luck GD getting through your DD's 2014 injury.

Small world.... my DD is waiting for MRI on the 24th of this month. ... Hopefully nothing major just nagging pain after she plays mostly but occasionally hurting at the end of games but better now than during travel ball prayers to your DD's as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877