Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Ha..tbh if her coach allowed guest playing she would do it ( I actually mentioned this to DW when I saw the post on okball)

I would have asked you earlier but I honestly thought we'd have an extra kid coming already, and we had someone back out at the last minute. I hate only having 9 or 10 girls for 10+ games in Lubbock in June. Parents were a lot more excited about the idea in March, I guess lol.

Jun 8, 2016
I would have asked you earlier but I honestly thought we'd have an extra kid coming already, and we had someone back out at the last minute. I hate only having 9 or 10 girls for 10+ games in Lubbock in June. Parents were a lot more excited about the idea in March, I guess lol.
Last minute isn't an issue. Team policy is plus they have practice on Thurs and Sat. and he wouldn't be pleased (understandably) if she missed those to go play with somebody else (even though she would probably get more out of playing 10+ games against good teams..)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You know what, I’m an absolute stickler for a 12” glove up the middle.........guess ole dummy here needs to realize your DD isn’t even 10 yet, sorry.

dford42 is correct, a 11.75” is probably the better bet! Just don’t get into the mindset that a glove lasts forever, or even 3 years. Expect to buy another one when she moves up in ball size.

There’s a lot of options out there for an 11.75” glove!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Last minute isn't an issue. Team policy is plus they have practice on Thurs and Sat. and he wouldn't be pleased (understandably) if she missed those to go play with somebody else (even though she would probably get more out of playing 10+ games against good teams..)

Yeah, plus you need to be training for having to sit in the Branson humidity. West Texas might get you used to a dry, windy heat and ruin your acclimation.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Awesome 11.75” fastpitch model, these Pro-Select’s are stiff though!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I bet these are at the Myrtle Beach outlet and probably discounted, I just never look at 11.75” gloves.

Looks like Rawlings is waking up and using the normal wrist closure instead of velcro on some of their FP gloves!

Aug 11, 2015
You know what, I’m an absolute stickler for a 12” glove up the middle.........guess ole dummy here needs to realize your DD isn’t even 10 yet, sorry.

dford42 is correct, a 11.75” is probably the better bet! Just don’t get into the mindset that a glove lasts forever, or even 3 years. Expect to buy another one when she moves up in ball size.

Youll learn I'm ALWAYS right ;)

I might be wrong but I don't think most MI at high levels are using a 12" glove. They literally barely have time to catch the ball and throw it over so the easier it is to find in the glove the better.

Jun 8, 2016

She is moving to 12" ball in the Fall. She is playing up a year (and is actually a young 9U, e.g. Fall b-day). Like I said, she has played in 12U tournaments this summer and doesn't have an issue backhanding a 12" ball, either in those tournaments and with me at the park.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma

I don't want to hijack the thread but this might add something to the conversation in some way so I'll ask here instead of PM, and it's at least tangentially relevant.

How much lighter do you think Anna's 206 is than the DM pro1000? Olivia has to move to 12u in about 7 weeks (and Pattar's DD is too, if she's staying with her team) and I'd kicked around getting her the DM to put back/start transitioning to next Spring/Summer, but I wonder if the Pro206-6JTB for that price wouldn't be a better idea at her age, if it's lighter?

Jun 8, 2016
Youll learn I'm ALWAYS right ;)

I might be wrong but I don't think most MI at high levels are using a 12" glove. They literally barely have time to catch the ball and throw it over so the easier it is to find in the glove the better.
Balls you get in front of (e.g. not a backhand/forehand) and DP you don't even catch the ball, or you shouldn't at least. It is more of a deflection than anything else. The web just needs to be big enough for backhands/forehands.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06