Yellow logo on pitchers glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Guys, thanks for all the feedback. I didn't know the rule and the "etc.." left it open for discussion. I totally agree with the safety aspect of the discussion. I would not want to have a ball whack some one in the face and be the person responsible for making a judgment call by having the mask removed. This is why I am not an umpire. It is a much harder job then people realize.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
"3.7.1 Gloves/Mitts. (third paragraph) The pitcher’s glove may and its lacing shall be tan, brown, grey, white, or black, or any combination of those colors. The manufacturer’s logo is not considered a glove color."

Perhaps the ASA will make a similar clarification to the rules.

Nah, they just want to make changes to the important stuff. Like making sure coaches don't wear Levi's. It's Wranglers or you're outta here in ASA :)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Nah, they just want to make changes to the important stuff. Like making sure coaches don't wear Levi's. It's Wranglers or you're outta here in ASA :)

This is a coach's rule. Do you really think anyone else gives a damn what is on the pitcher's glove? This rule and interpretation is based purely on the complaints of coaches claiming it is a distraction to the batter. Don't like the rule, stop whining about it. However, I guarantee if it is changed, you will hear that much more whining from those who need an excuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619