Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2019
As far as the swing, she is jamming herself. Might be tee position. It might be she is getting the back elbow stuck and it doesn’t have a clear path. That is caused by not having the rotational point at the hands. There is some turning while letting the bat get stuck behind the body.
do you have a clip for what the back elbow should be doing? from the side view?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nobody realistically hits balls that deep so it’s not a good swing to critique. But I would like to see a better one.. she looks like she can rip!

Yes, but without the correct use of the hands, without the back arm/bat collapsing into the body jamming herself, you could hit deeper.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
do you have a clip for what the back elbow should be doing? from the side view?

I think I have it. When you film in slo mo it’s harder to read the swing without full speed, need to read the swing first.

It all looks rotational, No forward movement of the back hip. I think the spine is the rotational axis in this swing, needs to be back hip and hands as the pivot points. With a stretch between them. There is no stretch. Just looks mechanical.

Or just is jammed. lol.

IMB_EXrYBV.gif

2 legged.

May 23, 2019
I think I have it. When you film in slo mo it’s harder to read the swing without full speed, need to read the swing first.

It all looks rotational, No forward movement of the back hip. I think the spine is the rotational axis in this swing, needs to be back hip and hands as the pivot points. With a stretch between them. There is no stretch. Just looks mechanical.

Or just is jammed. lol.

View attachment 28465

2 legged.
I find myself wanting to say "get your hip through" all the time but I haven't been able to explain it or find a drill that would make it make sense to her yet

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Space for the back elbow, looks like an inside pitch. Hands back. Bat not pinned to the body.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

One legged. 3D load.

He is also open. What’s the differences? The open and sitting back he does as he picks up front foot as the back hip gets back in front of the back knee. It’s the back leg and bow and then corner. Goata bow and corner.

Stretch with back chain dominance.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The overuse of the frontside comes from little usage of the back side early. Collapsing back side also works into that as well. There’s an early reach also.. the back hip should advance before the front foot is extending. It could all be bc the tee is too deep or is most likely bad concepts being taught. You don’t back the ball up w the body, you do it w timing. The stroke and load/stride will naturally get shorter.

I’m not saying deep tee is not good. It’s just not helping in this instance.

Edit: @TigerD313 you said she can’t figure out the outside pitch, correct? Getting stuck is a very real reason why. You can’t extend the bat path farther so you’re around early, make sense?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Or just is jammed. lol.

View attachment 28465

2 legged.

This is one legged in all its glory. Reach w a late hip shift and a Ferris wheel result.

Edit: what boggles my mind is you know how bad it is to get stuck and you still promote one legged mechanics. Getting stuck is probably the worst flaw one can cultivate in their swing.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
a) Move the tee like WW suggested.
b) Post a swing where a ball is thrown

She looks like an athletic kid..be careful to not coach that out of her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut