Wrist bands for plays. Thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Lol. I've not seen that with adults! How over complicated for 8 and 9 year olds.

boys high school? What do you mean?

Boys high school translates to bunt, hit, steal. Uses the wrist, elbow and shoulder.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Lol. I've not seen that with adults! How over complicated for 8 and 9 year olds.

Boys high school translates to bunt, hit, steal. Uses the wrist, elbow and shoulder.

I've never had a coach signal anything like that... so it isn't common in my neck of the woods.

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
We use wrist bands for offense. Coach calls out a number from a "grid" and the batter and all baserunners check there bands for the play. We have it divided into three "color zones" so the same number has different meanings in different innings. It's simpler than it sounds and has worked for us. I was originally against it, but I've been converted.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
WOW!! That first one u listed is crazy expensive as you said!! Must work miracles!

Well mine is just a little more work, the wristbands came with either 60 or 80 play card that you can download in XLSX. The expensive one has a program that jumbles the plays you put in so each time you need to change the card up hit the button and it automatically mixes it up. I have to do it by hand, but it was ALOT cheaper and it really doesn't take too much time.

Aug 13, 2009
I know this thread is a little old but.......

I've developed an Excel spreadsheet that does exactly what the two very expensive solutions do. I'm adding some DRM protection to the file and will be making an affordable solution available to the public. If you are interested....shoot me a PM.

Aug 13, 2009
I know this thread is a little old but.......

I've developed an Excel spreadsheet that does exactly what the two very expensive solutions do. I'm adding some DRM protection to the file and will be making an affordable solution available to the public. If you are interested....shoot me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877