Would you want your daughter playing for this coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2021
We were at a tournament this weekend and our field was back to back with another one. While we were waiting for our game I started watching the game on the field next to us. Very competitive game, but what stood out was one of the coaches was literally cursing every other word in front of and at 12U girls. F bombs, BS, son of a bitch, you name it. He was losing his mind. I'm no prude, but I would never dream of talking like that in front of young girls.

Luckily, our girls were warming up about 50 yards away, but if they were standing there next to the field I would have asked the tournament director to issue a warning to the coach. It's one thing if the parents on his team don't care how he carries himself in front of their daughters, but that's not something that I want around my 12U daughter or our team.
I don’t mind occasional cursing from a coach but never directed at the girls or directly at someone as an insult. They’re going to hear it though. Honestly, I think my kids hear more cursing from parents in the stands and around the park than anything.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Was it a one-time thing, or a pattern? It's not just the language, but the intent. I nearly pulled DD from a team after some nutty HC behavior that didn't even involve any swearing. Given the circumstances, and the one-off nature of the outburst, I decided to chalk it up to "hot, frustrated, and losing".

I like chinamigarden's approach. If the coach isn't receptive to a friendly chat after everything is calmed down, you have your answer.

May 1, 2018
Ear shot of the players is a no go for me. The only player to hear me cuss in my almost 20 yrs of coaching is my DD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom