would you or wouldnt you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

would you send runner from 1B

• yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • no

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
May 6, 2015
bottom of 7th inning (14u), home team down a run, runners (both pretty fast) on 1B and 3B, 2 outs. hot hitter (2-2 in this game) at the plate.

do you bait throw with runner on 1B bascially walking towards 2B while looking at C?

sorry if confusing, question is does the offense try and draw the throw, not does defense throw it.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018
I would. Our previous head coach would have the catcher throw it to the SS who would break in towards home plate instead of breaking for 2B. SS then throws home or to 3B depending on whether the runner took the bait.

Sep 19, 2018
I am not saying, "No, I would never do that." I'd have to feel like both base runners are not only fast, but heads up to consider it. This would have been something the team has practiced and have had these players do it really well in practice.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
would walk the batter to load the bases and take my chances
Fond memory about a team who did that...
UCLA walked the batter ahead of me to load the bases with 2 outs in the bottom of the 11th inning.
Other runners got on by hit by pitch and an error.
Their pitcher having already 24 strikeouts in the game.

UCLA LOST to LONG BEACH STATE
On a one hit game
A Deep shot to the left center gap!

Oct 14, 2016
No. Runner steals like normal. Save the "drawing the throw" games for rec ball. Now I can win the game on a gap shot. I could also possibly win on a ground ball to the outfield. At the very least, I am tied up with a runner on third again.

Jun 11, 2013
I would semi straight steal but have runner be looking to see if C is going to throw. If she does head back. I'm not trying to bait a throw but if they'll give us 2nd I'll take it. The last thing I want is to get thrown out stealing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06