Would you consider this brush resistance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
It's difficult to make assessments of a pitching motion where the pitcher doesn't have a glove on and isn't using a real ball, the presence of those two things can significantly change mechanics.
✔️
I have a girl who has great technique with a wiffle ball but the weight of a real ball causes significant changes.
Can remember a particular pitcher who in her warm-ups would grab a weighted ball. While catching, remember watching her mechanics and clearly seeing her arm and body timing get disconnected. Think I was around 14/15 years old when I commented to her. Do you know you're pitching mechanics change when you grab that weighted ball? And she said what do you mean? I said the rhythm of what you are doing changes.
She said well that's not good. I said I didn't think it was. Maybe the weighted ball is good for just doing some strengthening exercises. But doesn't look like it's helping your pitching mechanics right now. She said her warm ups for games are really about getting things in sync together. We both recognized the weighted ball thing definitely has something to be considered if using it. She stopped using weighted ball for pregame warmups.

If memory serves that pitcher ended up going to Texas A&M.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles