World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I got in 2 hat pick pools. Drew the Reds in one and the Braves in the other. I am thinking I couldn't do much better, though the Reds are going to have it rough playing the Giants right off the git go.

I am a huge Rangers fan, but going from the best team in baseball to playing in the wildcard game my hopes are all but gone.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
They could go far.........if they could go on a 3 pitcher rotation and no bullpen.

Of course they weren't suppose to win it all last year either. Maybe Nelson Cruz will help them out again.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
^^^^^^^Ye of little faith! :)

I said it last year, gonna say it again. Nobody has a bullpen like the Cards, and the best closer in the business. Too add........the second best hitters in the league.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Don't think it will happen, but then again we have won some tournaments I didn't think we had a chance, but I would like to see the Braves win it all. This is Chipper Jones last season and he has been a great player, leader, and role model on and off the field for many years and it would be nice to see him with one last ring.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
I thought the Braves would make a deep run, oooops. Since they are out I have to root
for the Rangers, oooh wait. I guess I'm terrible at picking winners.

I guess I would like to see an Orioles-Nats Series!!

Just kinda hope Prince lays down in the playoffs like he did last year when he was here......

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
There were at least 2 interesting calls in the game last night that could apply to softball.

First was on a bunt the batter ran in foul territory then veered into fair to be hit in the helmet by the throw from the pitcher. Runs score. Umpire called the batter out for interference and put the runners back. Seemed like a good call.

The more controversial was a shallow fly ball to LF, SS moved at the last second to let the LF get it, ball hit the ground untouched. Not sure when but the Umpire called the infield fly rule. Terrible decision by the Umpire, infield fly rule should have never been called on the play. Atlanta protested the game, response was it was a judgment call by the umpire protest rejected.

Video of both plays Is on ESPN, I do not feel like posting a link.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish