World Cup Observations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
It has definitely been questionable. I am for USA as well, but I can't help but think if I was connected to the Japanese team I'd feel like I was getting "homered."

That play with the runner on third getting hit with the batted ball was just bizarre. Couldn't really tell from the camera angles if she was fair or foul when she was hit. It sort of looked like she was in fair territory from one angle, foul from another. But I was definitely wondering why there was no one on first if the ball hit her in fair territory. Glad they at least caught that.

The announcers said that that call was made by the Japanese umpire.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Great observations Well.

One thing that really struck me is the home runs. Some of them were hit without fully loading or tilting the shoulders. I am only beginning the long journey though SB with my young girls. I have to figure out eventually if the softball swing really is different, or if they simply are leaving power on the table.

It seems apparent that while it's extremely difficult to hit softball pitching, if you do catch one decently you don't have to supply a tremendous amount of power to hit it 200'

Oct 25, 2009
Great observations Well.

One thing that really struck me is the home runs. Some of them were hit without fully loading or tilting the shoulders. I am only beginning the long journey though SB with my young girls. I have to figure out eventually if the softball swing really is different, or if they simply are leaving power on the table.

It seems apparent that while it's extremely difficult to hit softball pitching, if you do catch one decently you don't have to supply a tremendous amount of power to hit it 200'

That's true but the better prepared you are the better chance you have when the opportunity arises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes