Why are many players switching teams?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2011
Monmouth County NJ
My DD has been on two 10U teams in two years only because the first team wasn't paying it's bills, so the team folded and everyone left. The second team has seen girls come and go this year but luckly the spots got filled. One was our #1 pitcher and now that she's on another time she's #3 and sits.

I know parents are always looking out for their kids, but really. So you're kid doesn't play ss or pitch that much do you really think going to another team is going to change that. Practice and hard work might be the answer for that. I haven't seen to many coaches not play or pitch someone who just for the heck of it. Are some parents so self absorbed that they forget it's about the kids and not them. Don't get me wrong, I know there's real reason for switching teams, but I know girls that are on their 4th or 5th team at 10U. Also if I was a coach of one one these team I would be a little worried about the girl I just took leaving in a few weeks. I also understand that some teams are better then others but I'm talking about 10U. I wonder how many teams some of these players will be on by the time their 14U.

Nov 1, 2009
The higher the level of competition becomes the more movement you see. If you play on a very good 14U team and progress to where you are on an 18u Gold team (real one, not just the name) you might have one or two of the girls you started with at 14U.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I know there's real reason for switching teams, but I know girls that are on their 4th or 5th team at 10U.

Everyone is looking for the same thing: A great team where the DD can get lots of playing time.

The problem is that the better the team, the greater the competition on the team for spots, and the less likely that DD will get PT.

Switching teams after summer ball is OK...switching teams in the middle of the season isn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207