Who has the very best overall pitching mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I really like Monica Abbott's mechanics! I believe she comes as close to what Javasource ascribes to in his drive mechanics thread as anyone.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
In your opinion, who do you think has the best overall pitching mechanics?

IMHO, right now, I am leaning toward South Alabama's Farrish Beard.

fb1_footplant_zpskmrfswc8.gif

I do not doubt that Farrish is a fantastic pitcher!!! I am just curious what the pitching experts would say about her pitching motion since she does not seem to fully open (et al Hillhouse and Osterman).

Dec 16, 2010
Even though the available youtube video is of poor quality, Angela Tincher looks (looked) like a product of Javasource Drive Mechanics Training.

Dec 16, 2010
In your opinion, who do you think has the best overall pitching mechanics?

IMHO, right now, I am leaning toward South Alabama's Farrish Beard.

fb1_footplant_zpskmrfswc8.gif

This may be the wrong thread for Javasource Drive Mechanics-related nitpicking, but it appears that she rolls into her pushoff and pushes from a flat foot instead of her toes. Perhaps as a result (someone who knows what they're doing should confirm or unconfirm this) her drive foot doesn't separate from the rubber as early in the arm circle as other pitchers.

That said, I'd love it if my dds had technique this good. Sadly, they're built more like Velma Dinkley (Scooby Doo) than Farish.

Jan 11, 2015
Even though the available youtube video is of poor quality, Angela Tincher looks (looked) like a product of Javasource Drive Mechanics Training.

Angela Tincher is a product of Denny Tincher, which is who my daughter is now seeing at 15, what a difference GREAT coaching, hard work, and an ability to change when it makes since can make. Worth the 11 hour drive for us to see him. Ferish drive and drag look terrific.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish