Who has the very best overall pitching mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
In your opinion, who do you think has the best overall pitching mechanics?

IMHO, right now, I am leaning toward South Alabama's Farrish Beard.

fb1_footplant_zpskmrfswc8.gif

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Each pitcher is a little different, so I do not think there is a "one size fits all" answer to best mechanics, but Farrish looks solid! Is she pitching with a rubber in the picture you posted?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Each pitcher is a little different, so I do not think there is a "one size fits all" answer to best mechanics, but Farrish looks solid! Is she pitching with a rubber in the picture you posted?

Great observation. Hopefully these are warmup tosses. :)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
PC! We're in complete agreement. I was going to say Lizzy as my favorite as well, but you beat me to it!

Qualifying good mechanics is much more difficult than quantifying them. The other factors that make a pitcher good make it tough to decide. I've often thought about who my favorite pitcher is and I find that while I have an ideal of what a perfect pitcher would look like (Lizzy pretty much fits that mold,) my three fave's from last year were Ricketts, Gascoinge and the Pauly Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPNaRlM29es

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC! We're in complete agreement. I was going to say Lizzy as my favorite as well, but you beat me to it!

Qualifying good mechanics is much more difficult than quantifying them. The other factors that make a pitcher good make it tough to decide. I've often thought about who my favorite pitcher is and I find that while I have an ideal of what a perfect pitcher would look like (Lizzy pretty much fits that mold,) my three fave's from last year were Ricketts, Gascoinge and the Pauly Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPNaRlM29es

Yep... she's a RINGER !!! I posted another DPF Girl in ModelSwingsSticky... she's is a real inspirtation to us also !!! Poor DD, she's going to really have to stay on the ball... They are both younger than her. :cool:

EP: WOW, I watched the Clip.... !!!! CW is a PaulyGirl too :cool:

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would like to point out that there are a lot of pitchers who have excellent mechanics, but do not have the mentality it takes to be effective. At 10U, 12U, and even 14U there were a lot of really good pitchers who would "melt" when they walked a batter, gave up a home run, or the defense made a couple of errors behind them. I would rather have a "bulldog" with less than perfect mechanics in the circle when their are two outs, bases loaded, 3-2 count, and the winning run at 3B!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Anyone doubting how great pitching can make a program successful should look at South Alabama. Good thing they had two studs in the circle because their offense was lackluster at best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish