Whip Hit Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2009
In order to get my rope in, I cut the aluminum bat and then put tape around the end of the rope and twisted while pushing it in.

It worked great. Be sure to mark how far up the rope you want it to go so you wknow when to stop to achieve your desired length.

To secure it I drilled a couple screws into the barrel end of the handle and put screws in there then taped over several times to secure from getting loose.

Jul 11, 2009
Ok I made a version of the Whiphit bat with a 9/16 rope and machine ball and aluminum bat handle 26" from the knob to center of the ball(she swings a 30" bat).My question is for those who have made one before,how did you get a 5/8 rope throught the handle,and what did you do about the bulky knots on the ball and handle ends?DD used the bat for about 15 minutes and got bored,she was hitting the ball off the tee almost every swing.So I either did somethong wrong or we're not using it right. Any suggestions what else to try with this bat?

Allen B,
Did you look at the instructions on the whipit website or did you just hand it to her and tell her to hit the ball? If you just give it to her and tell her to hit ball I have found that most kids can hit the ball, even with a pathetic looking swing, (which I am in no way suggesting of your daughters swing) because they just move their feet around to where they are a distance that works for them. What makes it challenging is when you follow whiphit instructions. Lay whip hit bat across plate with the ball part directly in line with the center of home plate. Place front foot toe at knob of bat and move only your back foot to get stance. Place ball on tee in center of plate, 2" forward. Swing from this position and if she still hits ball consistently then she must have a good swing. Otherwise you will know if she casts her hands or drags the bat too much.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a hitting expert as I have to take my DD to a hitting coach.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Daddy O good post. We find most kids pull the ball. You are looking for them to hit line drives. Unless they have a good hand path that won't happen. Also see if they hit themself in the back or head. If they are, then you know they are rolling the wrists . It will also let you know if they hit down on the ball. We go from hitting off the T to soft toss. If the tool is used correctly it can show you many different things a kid is doing wrong that you can work on. . Of course it helps to know the person that wrote the instructions, even though he gets little credit for the invention.

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the replies,she did everything except place her front toe at the knob,it was about 3-4" closer to the plate thaqn described.When this rain stops we give it another go.Thanks to all that have replied with advice!
Allen

Oct 21, 2009
Sorry I still haven't had a chance to work with DD on the whiphit anymore,been real busy at work and having a lot of bad weather.I will post the results as soon as I can.
Allen

May 26, 2010
SBFAMILY,

I think you are missing some information on how the WhipHit Bat evolved. I personally witnessed the evolution in China.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Howard has talked very highly of you and how much you helped him while in China.

He refers to you as the squirrel, however he will not say much about it.

Mr. B seems to have informed others he is the one that came up with the WhipHit idea by himself and a few coaches at the NFCA heard him tell people that.

Those that know Howard were using the WhipHit in 2004 as was Don Slaught , long before a patent was applied for.

Howard has told us the story about coming up with the girls saying EEEEEEEEEEEE, R to help them with their timing issue for hitting as he did while in China thanks to you!

Those of us that actually know Howard know the truth about the device and the history behind it.

I have a gift from Howard of one of the very first one made and have had Lunch with Howard and Mr B. and have heard the whole story.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard has talked very highly of you and how much you helped him while in China.

He refers to you as the squirrel, however he will not say much about it.

Mr. B seems to have informed others he is the one that came up with the WhipHit idea by himself and a few coaches at the NFCA heard him tell people that.

Those that know Howard were using the WhipHit in 2004 as was Don Slaught , long before a patent was applied for.

Howard has told us the story about coming up with the girls saying EEEEEEEEEEEE, R to help them with their timing issue for hitting as he did while in China thanks to you!

Those of us that actually know Howard know the truth about the device and the history behind it.

I have a gift from Howard of one of the very first one made and have had Lunch with Howard and Mr B. and have heard the whole story.

I made one off one of the orginals. Before the patent. It is a great tool.

No gift for me SBFamily!! You must rate higher ;)

Straightleg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00