Whip Hit Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Metal handle on an Axe?

Good luck letting go of it in sub freezing weather after your hands have sweated on it from chopping wood. :D

See Dan I havent forgotten what its like to be an Ohio boy.

Dana

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
If you visit the big guy. Don't let him pull a joke on you , like he has done to a few others. He has it with his other bats. Us Lemmings made it for him, as a joke.

Dan

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Has anybody tried to do this with an old aluminum bat? Or is it typically only done with an old wood bat?

You're talking about two different devices. The Whip-hit knockoff uses a metal bat handle, rope and ball..

The hinged/medicus bat is wood in two pieces joined by a chain link.

Oct 21, 2009
Ok I made a version of the Whiphit bat with a 9/16 rope and machine ball and aluminum bat handle 26" from the knob to center of the ball(she swings a 30" bat).My question is for those who have made one before,how did you get a 5/8 rope throught the handle,and what did you do about the bulky knots on the ball and handle ends?DD used the bat for about 15 minutes and got bored,she was hitting the ball off the tee almost every swing.So I either did somethong wrong or we're not using it right. Any suggestions what else to try with this bat?

Sep 17, 2009
I'm not sure how you could use it incorrectly and still have success, so she must have a good swing!

Does she get bored hitting home runs too <kidding> : >

As for the knots, I guess that's why you pay the big bucks for real version -- or I heard some folks talking about heat/glue, etc, capabilities beyond my pay grade.....

Could you post a picture?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi