Which bat would you choose for your daughter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
If you had to choose 1 bat to make your 14u daughter go from doubles to HR's which bat would you chose and why? I'm trying to get different opinions before I buy her one. Thanks!

18' Easton Ghost
18' Louisville LXT
18' DeMarini CFX
18' Rawlings Quatro

DD has a 17 LXT and just got a Ghost a few weeks ago. She prefers the Ghost but will play in 3 USSSA tourneys this fall so she won't be able to swing it there. She hit with the LXT for quite a while and hasn't ever complained about it but it doesn't seem to have the pop that her 14 LXT or the Ghost have. That being said, she plays with girls who swear by Demarini's but I can't even get her to try one. Everybody has their favorites.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD has a 17 LXT and just got a Ghost a few weeks ago. She prefers the Ghost but will play in 3 USSSA tourneys this fall so she won't be able to swing it there. She hit with the LXT for quite a while and hasn't ever complained about it but it doesn't seem to have the pop that her 14 LXT or the Ghost have. That being said, she plays with girls who swear by Demarini's but I can't even get her to try one. Everybody has their favorites.

My DD has that feeling towards LS bats. She loves her CF8. Won't swing an LS, even for a test-run.

Jun 12, 2015
I wouldn't choose any for her. She's 14, take her out to your local sporting goods store and have her try them out. Those bats are all hot and can be used by anyone to hit dingers with a good swing of course. My oldest DD prefers her 14' CF6 and also carries a 16' and 17' LXT in her bag. Why? They were gifts. She works out 4x a week and hits 5 for sure. Guarantee you it's not just her bat. BTW, if you find a gently used CF6 at a good price let me know lol. What does your DD use now?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think the last time I picked something softball related for my DD was in 8U. I tried to get her to move from Demarini to LS in 1st year 10U and she was having none of it. lol

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would personally go with the Ghost, but bats are very subjective and I would recommend letting your DD hit all 4 before making a decision. Some stores have batting cages where they will let you demo bats or see if any of her teammates will let her take a few swings. My DD always liked the Xeno's, but the Ghost was not out yet. My DD's true love is the old Easton Synergy SCN1B, but it is no longer legal for play. Easton makes a good bat.

Feb 21, 2017
All of the bats you listed are top of the line bats. "Better" will be only a matter of her personal preference.

This! I will say a new bat is like a new putter. If the old one is working then no change is necessary. If her current bat is not working a new one will gaurentee success, for a while. If the ball is coming off the bat well then I would invest in deadlifts, that will turn 2B into HR.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
150? Whaaat? Lol I've been picking them up for $75-$100 around Omaha to Kansas City. Thanks though

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have a hardly used CF6 32-10 that is gathering dust in the garage. It has paint nicks from being moved around for the past several years. DD only used in a few games in rec league (LXT ever since), and I used it for some fungo. $75 bucks to whoever wants it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles