Where the velocity comes from?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2016
On a bucket
And, Mothgirl, if you can invite a little redhead to come be Rose's catcher every once in a while, (and maybe coach her up a little bit on her pitching) that would be awesome too...:p

Apr 24, 2016
On a bucket
Mothgirl---DD's true ability as a pitcher came to light right about the time texted me the link for this forum...in the two months I have had this information, I have begun to see the beginnings of a transformation. The Kid is definitely going in the right direction. Yours is as well. Watching Kaley "just play catch underhand" with Rose yesterday really opened my eyes...hearing that pop when it hit the glove...seeing a 45 pop up on the Pocket Radar and seeing Kaley's eyes light up when I told her...that's what it's really all about, ain't it??? Have faith in what your doing Cheri. Rose is not just a great pitcher, but a great kid as well. The best coaches don't just coach kids to be good at their respective sport; they bring out the best in the kid in all aspects of their life. You're doing a great job with yours and I am excited to see where Kaley winds up learning under you. Thanks a million Java, BM, Bill Hillhouse, Rick Pauly, Amanda Scarborough, JJ, and every other person on this forum who has contributed such useful information and time. It means a lot to us that are just Dad, on a bucket, letting their little princess rip it off.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Mothgirl---DD's true ability as a pitcher came to light right about the time texted me the link for this forum...in the two months I have had this information, I have begun to see the beginnings of a transformation. The Kid is definitely going in the right direction. Yours is as well. Watching Kaley "just play catch underhand" with Rose yesterday really opened my eyes...hearing that pop when it hit the glove...seeing a 45 pop up on the Pocket Radar and seeing Kaley's eyes light up when I told her...that's what it's really all about, ain't it??? Have faith in what your doing Cheri. Rose is not just a great pitcher, but a great kid as well. The best coaches don't just coach kids to be good at their respective sport; they bring out the best in the kid in all aspects of their life. You're doing a great job with yours and I am excited to see where Kaley winds up learning under you. Thanks a million Java, BM, Bill Hillhouse, Rick Pauly, Amanda Scarborough, JJ, and every other person on this forum who has contributed such useful information and time. It means a lot to us that are just Dad, on a bucket, letting their little princess rip it off.

It's so nice to have another bucket parent close to me that is a member of this forum! Thank you for all the compliments! And I'm taking you up on your offer lets meet at the park tomorrow!! ...I'll text ya great to see you posting! start a new thread and post some vids of kaley you'll be blown away by observations and advice from the coaches on this forum they are really amazing! Your doing an awesome job with kaley! and you seem to be soaking it up even quicker then I did (I'm a bit stubborn, hmmm wonder where rose gets it from) welcome to dfp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Great thread so far. Touches home for me as well, especially the obsessed parent trying to learn and help his DD learn correct mechanics.

What age are your DD's 1bucketmom and mothgirl? Just trying to get perspective. Mine is 10 and we struggle with her accepting my input from what I have gleaned off this forum. We are also trying to break some bad mechanics instructed from local PC. So much of what you both have written matches where you have been. So, I am looking for similar input and ways to break bad habits with dad as PC. Hoping some will share that have been there done that. Thanks for your contributions to the forum!

Rose is 15, shes been pitching since 12 or 13. she's struggling with timing. She keeps changing how she pitches because she just doesn't know what to do. She just needs someone that knows the drive and she will excel (I hope) I got too many unsatisfactory answers from PC when I would ask about things I was reading here.. That's why in the end we went on our own. I think there probably are some good PC's around me I just don't know who they are. Also I'm not a stickler for using the same words as what's on this forum. If a PC knows what they are talking about it can be delivered in many different ways. Like at the clinic in Indiana, they were not robots reciting the same script but it was the same concept and they knew what they were taking about. That's what I'm asking for somebody that really knows there stuff:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
THE OTHER OPTION... and what I'll spend a good amount of time with her on... is actually making a new road map. I will teach her (as Bill alluded to) new motor learning... and do so SLOWLY so that she can FEEL and sense the movement. Timing isn't corrected mid-flight... it's corrected before it. Movement dysfunction MUST be separated from performance activities... and if she slows down... she will immediately increase her ability to sense differences, creating a much more accurate and discriminating perception of the movements she needs to correct. Until she can do this... the intended movement will ALWAYS activate the parasitic movement.

and so it goes with teaching my girls about being better hitters, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad