When does the umpire's control of the game end?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I beleave the umpire was just letting the coach know who was in charge,sounds like both coach and umpire need to mark there territory

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
The home team, at bat, was ahead when time expired. The visitors cannot bat again. The game is over.

Why would anyone insist that play continue? For what purpose? The umpire should have called game over, not finish the inning. Imagine an umpire in the major league telling a team they had to finish the inning because they didn't have three outs yet.

I got it now. I thought the visiting team was batting. My mistake.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
Coach needs to read "Human Communication for Dummies".

Coach was right, but his failure to communicate properly in an emotionally mature and professional manner caused him quite a bit of embarrassment. In this world, right and wrong mean nothing, perception is everything.

-W

While the coach may not have handled it perfectly, if you lost and it's an elimination game. You're done. End of discussion.

If an ump wants to chase me around the field, go for it, but I'm not participating in stupidity regardless of what an ump says.

If he wants to tell someone to watch from the parking lot, you just have to laugh and say, no problem, I'm leaving anyway. Perception meant nothing at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red