When do you throw in the towel?!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2009
It seems very condescending. It's the parents' money and the coach's team; they have reached an accord, I'm not judging either's motives. Instead, I'll worry abut my daughter's improvement.

Nov 29, 2009
What are your thoughts?????

I did have a long and sarcastic response typed out and deleted it and decided on a shorter version.

You are not the girl's parents or the coach. Unless you know EVERYTHING about the girl and her situation let the coach handle it. If the girl becomes hostile or aggressive towards the other team members on the team or the situation is soooo unbearable then have a word with the coach about how it is effecting your daughter specifically. Until that time concentrate on making your daughter the best player she can be.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have always been an advocate of getting your DD on the best team she can play on, with the key word being "play". I am always amazed at the marquee teams who have 14-16 girls on their roster while we have trouble keep 12 parents "happy".....

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My thoughts? 14YOA is a tough time for all children. Your categorization of a 14YOA girl as a "cry baby" is remarkably immature.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
seems I was thinking the same thing as everyone else when I read your post.

Those comments reminded me of a parent I had the "pleasure" of dealing with last year. She basically told me our team was a bunch of misfits, and her daughter was too good for our team. Guess what? That rag-tag team's only 2 losses in the season-ending tourney was to the eventual champion, taking home 3rd place and giving those girls one heck of an experience. They went from undersized, inexperienced girls lacking confidence to a team to be reckoned with... and played that champion to a level no other team had all year.

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
Not sure I can comment on this situation. I do tell my DD that sometimes it is better to be a small fish in the big pond, than always being the big fish in the little pond.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
How is the girl's home life? Does she have mental issues? Does she have muscular deficiencies, any diseases, etc.? Are the ladies on the team the only friends she has? If she is happy, the parents are happy, and the coach is happy, yea, just stay clear of the whole situation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse