When did your DD first throw 60 mph?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Sometimes saying you are a 'top national team' people tend to think you are boasting, and I didn't want to be viewed that way. DD's team has played all of those teams (winning and losing) and plays practice/round robin games with one of them on the regular. Saying they had a top 10 finish at PGF Premier Nationals should have said something as well but I think that part was glossed over with people trying to prove their point that it's impossible to have a team like that. We played a DFP'ers DD's 18U team this summer as 14's and had them beat until we beat ourselves. And the 18U team is all D1 committed with a pitcher we knocked out of the game going to Alabama (who was probably having an off day Lol).

Sounds like a very strong team, too bad they would have to turn away Crystl Bustos!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Sometimes saying you are a 'top national team' people tend to think you are boasting, and I didn't want to be viewed that way. DD's team has played all of those teams (winning and losing) and plays practice/round robin games with one of them on the regular. Saying they had a top 10 finish at PGF Premier Nationals should have said something as well but I think that part was glossed over with people trying to prove their point that it's impossible to have a team like that. We played a DFP'ers DD's 18U team this summer as 14's and had them beat until we beat ourselves. And the 18U team is all D1 committed with a pitcher we knocked out of the game going to Alabama (who was probably having an off day Lol).

Boasting on DFP? Unheard of. Hell...you boasted in a post that you started with a comment about not wanting to boast :)

May 13, 2012
Posted early in this thread DD hit 60 on pocket radar this spring at pitch practice. Have yet to see her do it on the dirt yet. For our area if you can hit 61 62 it gives them a little help with movement pitches. 57 58 most batters stay pretty far up in box making drop balls and such a little easier to get decent contact on . Now if they can above the 60 mark it keeps most batters back in the box some aND drops, curves etc are more effective. Once again we ain't in the high end of TB either.

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
Boasting on DFP? Unheard of. Hell...you boasted in a post that you started with a comment about not wanting to boast :)

Lol, not really boasting. Just clarifying the caliber of players on the team and the level they compete at so the know it all's can maybe open their eyes that there is a different level of softball out there. Nothing more.

Hell, if I was boasting I wouldn't admit in an earlier post that my DD gets crushed at times when she is pitching. That statement goes against the rules of DFP doesn't it? We are supposed to say DD is unhittable every game and has a minimum 14 K's. Wait, that was a pitcher we faced on Monday....

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lol, not really boasting. Just clarifying the caliber of players on the team and the level they compete at so the know it all's can maybe open their eyes that there is a different level of softball out there. Nothing more.

You may be surprised to know that there are quite a few DFP'ers - including some "know it alls" - whose DDs have played (or are playing) at that "different level".

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
You may be surprised to know that there are quite a few DFP'ers - including some "know it alls" - whose DDs have played (or are playing) at that "different level".

Not sure why that would surprise me, I expect there are many. One would have to be a complete idiot to think their kid is the only one that has a team of high level athletes capable of the criteria. There are a lot of DFP members and many high level teams across the country. Would only make sense to have several here. I was merely stating the criteria for the team and it turns into big pissing contest. We play national level teams all the time, the girls that can accomplish those numbers are plentiful across the country as a whole.

Would love to hear what the criteria to be on the Angels, A's, or Batbuster's top teams are

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

or have DDs with NPF records, or college school home run records, or are starting pitchers in the PAC10, BIG10, BIG12, SEC, or coach top level travel teams, or are the PC for girls that went on to pitch pro ball in America or Japan or whose DDs are former DI/DI/DIII/NAIA pitchers, or who are committed to big name schools or have coached the sprort in HS since before Al Gore invented the internet.

Hard to think you are special or your kid is when you think about the accomplishments of some of the girls belonging to other members.

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
it was a general comment about being an average DFPer that is more of a taker than a giver on this board like me, not directed at you.

Gotcha! I am definitely more of a taker on here, as can be seen by my join date to post count ratio. Just an average bucket dad here to gain all the knowledge I can for my DD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207