When a bat is too hot.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
If you have ever watched ESPN's homerun highlights where it runs thru a sequence of all MLB's who've hit a homerun that day, you will probably note that all of the swings look easy and smooth.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 has 1 HR in her life, with a CF6. No fence in that field.
Anyway, it was an unlikely HR. It was really cold, and she couldn't get one of her gloves on. Hit it Michael Jackson style.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
This was a Tball / 8u softball field (smallest we had ever played on) and it was only 155'. Like I mentioned before, we noticed the hits off of this bat while they were playing another team. I had forgotten about it once we were playing them until the girl hit the ball against us. We were winning and still won the game so it had nothing to do with me getting upset. It was just an obvious difference in how the ball jump off the bat compared to every other girl on any team I have watched. This little girl did not have a good swing, she pretty much stopped the swing at contact yet she hit it in the air to the fence almost every at bat. All of that teams better hitters had good swings and they too hit the ball to the fence but their hits were like the 1000s I have seen before.
Anyhow, I am not trying to accuse the kid of having a shaved bat. I was just wondering how people ever get caught using a shaved or rolled bat and how often does someone protest a bat. Sounds like it is a hard thing to police.

Jun 7, 2015
My DD is 11 plays for a B level 10u team. She has hit 3 homeruns this year 2 with a CF7, 1 with a CF6. Her homers have come on swings that are smooth like butter, easy strokes where she was just able to get the timing of the pitcher down perfectly. If she's swinging easy, she's hitting well. When she starts trying to swing for power she stops hitting the ball as well as she can.

Yep, yep. We have a subfreshman on our varsity team... Most carefree, genuinely athletic kid I've seen in a long time. In the playoffs this past season, bottom of the 7th with the tying run on base, she takes the smoothest swing I've ever seen and sent that sucker flying over the fence in LC. Never hit a homer before then and she continued to be on fire after that in our championship series. Smoothness and timing are key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 22, 2013
Girls on my team borrow my daughters bat all the time thinking that's the reason.
Has nothing to do with the 200 at bats 3 times a week at the field near the house.

I could give her a maple bat and everyone would start using it.

Jun 12, 2015
Girls on my team borrow my daughters bat all the time thinking that's the reason.
Has nothing to do with the 200 at bats 3 times a week at the field near the house.

I could give her a maple bat and everyone would start using it.

Yep. On our team girls are always wanting to borrow the best hitters' bats, thinking they'll suddenly get homeruns too with the magic bat.

Jan 23, 2014
The bats my dd used have been popular as well:) She had to borrow the CF7 from another girl, quite a few are still using that one. No one wanted her CF6 until she hit her dinger. They are young, so maybe that's why.

Oct 10, 2011
The bats my dd used have been popular as well:) She had to borrow the CF7 from another girl, quite a few are still using that one. No one wanted her CF6 until she hit her dinger. They are young, so maybe that's why.
Nope. ..the college girls still do it on DD'S team!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd