What's the prize?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2014
Columbus, GA
All: Forgive me if I am presenting a question that has been previously addressed but my thought was, given the vastness of information on this site, it would take A LOT of reading and searching to figure out if the question had been previously posed.

Can any of you tell me what a LL Organization benefits when they produce a team that proceeds/advances to the LL World Series Level of play and say, places in the top three. Is there a monetary reward or a reward of other sorts that is passed along to the local LL Organization/Park?

I look forward to your input and discussion. BTW, this particular question is regarding specifically, Jr/Sr Softball should there be any difference in how baseball/softball is dealt with in the LL Organization. Thank you!

CH

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Can any of you tell me what a LL Organization benefits when they produce a team that proceeds/advances to the LL World Series Level of play and say, places in the top three. Is there a monetary reward or a reward of other sorts that is passed along to the local LL Organization/Park?

Hahaha... nope... You do get your expenses paid beyond the District level
"It should be noted that the local Little League only pays a one-time entry fee for Tournament Play ($150), which covers that team throughout the International Tournament, including the World Series in each division of play. Additionally, Little League International either reimburses all teams that travel beyond the District level (the first level of play) at a rate of $1 per mile, round trip, at each successive tournament level, or supplies the transportation for the team.

In fact, Little League International pays all the expenses of the dozens of teams that reach the World Series level in Little League Baseball and Softball, including travel, meals and lodging. The local Little League and the team’s players, manager, or coaches, do not need to raise any funds to be able to participate in the Little League Baseball World Series."

For some teams it is a great experience for the kids. And it can be if done right. Mostly it is not and it is just another huge ego trip for the adults. There are no 'prizes' or money going back to the local league except bragging rights.

Oh, and Little League International makes lots of money while pretending that it is all about the kids (to be fair is partially about the kids and developing the game and there are some genuinely caring and great people who work for and volunteer for Little League). It is like a little NCAA.

BTW, this particular question is regarding specifically, Jr/Sr Softball should there be any difference in how baseball/softball is dealt with in the LL Organization. Thank you!

There shouldn't be, but in most local league softball is secondary to baseball. At best, the baseball side is indifferent to how softball is run - at worse they are interfering and pushy. That may sound cynical (and it is), but the reality is most LL boards are made up of volunteers from the baseball side and few people representing the softball side of the program so it is not surprising that this happens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves