What would you ruling be called?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, show me a rule that says this is an illegal play. And not because your UIC said so.
so me a rule that state it is legal.
Edit: don't ever badmouth my uic he knows his stuff.

edit: 2 ruling would be under what there is no ruling for so its like a made up rule to cover it. the team still won and i would of allowed if the catcher just randomly threw to first. But when the batter just ran out of the question.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2008
I am not an ump and dont know every single rule there is, BUT "ruling would be under what there is no ruling for so its like a made up rule to cover it" is almost laughable. Isn't an ump suppose to go by the RULES and not be making them up? If there is no rule saying what they did is illegal, it should without a doubt be a run scored, same as a steal. If the defense is caught sleeping, thats on them. Maybe they will learn to pay attention next time.

Jun 22, 2008
I didnt bad mouth your UIC in the slightest, I simply said to find me the rule that says this play is illegal and supports your ruling. Your UIC telling you so is not a rule citation. I too have had a UIC tell me something, except in my case I knew he was wrong and found the rule citation to support the ruling I made on the field.

I am not an ump and dont know every single rule there is, BUT "ruling would be under what there is no ruling for so its like a made up rule to cover it" is almost laughable. Isn't an ump suppose to go by the RULES and not be making them up? If there is no rule saying what they did is illegal, it should without a doubt be a run scored, same as a steal. If the defense is caught sleeping, thats on them. Maybe they will learn to pay attention next time.

there a rule that states that if not cover under these rules umpire at his direction is able to the rule. its not laughable its legal if you guys think its fair good for you i don't its not fair and its bs to rule the way you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32