What would you ruling be called?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is under babe ruth fast pitch softball rules (12u)

runner on third the count is 2-2 the batter runs to first (with 2-2 count) runner on third scores. now what would you rule this?
I told runner from home that scored to go back to third and batter finish up her bat.

catcher had the ball the batter had no right to go to first base. I talk to my uic and i got the ruling from him.
edit: catcher or pitcher i can't remember i believe it was catcher.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
FL
I call that an awesomly sneaky runner on third. If no tag was applied it is called a run. Might even put down E 1-6 just to be fair. If I was 3b coach and you told my runner to return to third, I may have needed to be tranquilized

I call that an awesomly sneaky runner on third. If no tag was applied it is called a run. Might even put down E 1-6 just to be fair. If I was 3b coach and you told my runner to return to third, I may have needed to be tranquilized
you would get a nice early sleep. I told my uic what happen he said i made the correct ruling the fact of the matter is when the batter ran to first for no reason is why it was confusing.

Jun 22, 2008
you would get a nice early sleep. I told my uic what happen he said i made the correct ruling the fact of the matter is when the batter ran to first for no reason is why it was confusing.

So you are protecting the defense from being stupid when they should know what the count is? This is no different than the catcher throwing to 1st base on a dropped third strike when 1st is occupied with less than 2 outs. Dumb move catcher, all action stands.

So you are protecting the defense from being stupid when they should know what the count is? This is no different than the catcher throwing to 1st base on a dropped third strike when 1st is occupied with less than 2 outs. Dumb move catcher, all action stands.

No fact of the matter the batter had no right to go to first base period. No reason at all. second its called a trick play in my view and not approve in my point of view it was wrong. That like the pitcher can decadence the runner

Jun 22, 2008
K, show me a rule that says this is an illegal play. And not because your UIC said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32