What would a reality show about softball parents look like?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
A hidden camera would show 99% of the parents are great, they would edit it to show only a crazy couple of parents which DD and I would watch every week and have a blast watching.

(Would like to hack into the Email system too, that might be more fun than the video)

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While softball certainly has our share of pyscho parents, I don't think we can hold a candle to hockey!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think there is potential in this idea....

As long is it doesn't conflict with the casting of the softball movie discussed a while back. Can't remember who the Executive Producer was, but think I recall that everything was on track except for GoingDeep holding out for a larger percentage of the box office.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
While softball certainly has our share of pyscho parents, I don't think we can hold a candle to hockey!

Or baseball or actually any boys sports. It isn't that they are more nuts than some softball parents it is just that there is SO many more of them on each team.

I was once talking about this to a friend who has coached both travel softball and baseball for years at a high level and he said in softball you might get one or two whackjobs - three if you are really unlucky. In baseball he said he got an average of eight or so per team.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Film here in the midwest "My Big Fat Redneck Softball Tourney".

Theres the affairs, arrests, fights, booze, inbreeding, thats all in season one "The Grandparents".

Dec 10, 2010
A, A
I talk about this idea all the time. I think it would be great and as popular as softball is....I think there would be a huge audience

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I think there is potential in this idea....

I can foresee a lot of PPTS (Pitching Parents Tourettes Syndrome), pitching parents trying to call pitches from behind the backstop without the coaches seeing, crazy catchers moms yelling to drop and block on a PB, parents yelling at the coach that "their DD is the best player on the team and should be playing EVERY position on the field EVERY inning," other parents yelling at the coaches that their DD which struck out the last 9 times at bat is the best hitter on the team and should be batting clean-up, the entire team of parents ripping the ump because of a bad call and a whole host of other things. The season finale could be the entire team of parents that ripped the ump getting tossed from the game.:cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd