What to do? Just want to be a fan.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Well here is my problem,it may seem like a stupid problem,but it wasn't what I was hoping for.My dd was asked to play with a different TB team. I would like to say that her old TB team was a good team and alot of fun,but the new team is closer to where we live and my dd knows alot of the girls and the head coach is a really good guy and a good coach.My dd is not expecting to be their #1 pitcher or even their #2,she & I feel that she would be their #3,no problem with that at all.But here is the problem,at the first team meeting the HC introduced all the coaches,and I was one of them,he wants me to head up the pitching,but there is my problem.I really didn't want to coach anything,I was trying to get away from that,dont get me wrong I like coaching,but I just wanted to be a parent.The same thing happened last year with old TB team.I for the first time want to be a parent,I feel my dd would benifit more if I was not a coach.The team are all 98s moving up to 14u and it is time for my dd to get use to daddy being a fan.I will of course work with my dd during nights we dont practice.But my question being new how do I nicely request not to be a coach,I kind of allready said to the HC that I am fine just being there to cheer the girls on and help with fundraising.I just dont want to hurt my dds chances with her new team,she and I want to stay and grow with this team for along time.Any answers to this would be very helpful.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Do what I did...video the games....I was snubed at first, but all my stuff has became vauleabe for coaching in the off season, and will be priceless in 5 yrs... :{)

Sydney's 1st time pitching - YouTube

This is what dads do...you can get even get "PRO DAD" editing software......priceless???

IMG_8877.jpg

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Adding to PC's suggestion. "Pitching Video Consultant" - sounds like a good solution to stay outside the lines. Capture game footage and do some editing and distribute clips so they (and their PCs) can see what they look like in competition. Include hitters and catchers if you don't mind the time and effort. Talk to the HC about 1) the value of this and 2) explain that for your the sake of your DD's development you don't want to be an on-the-field coach. Most Ps probably have a PC anyway so you can beg off on not wanting to contradict or confuse. Here's the clincher, tell him that many teams have PCs, but hand him a business card and ask him how many can claim that they have a Pitching Video Consultant.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Adding to PC's suggestion. "Pitching Video Consultant" - sounds like a good solution to stay outside the lines. Capture game footage and do some editing and distribute clips so they (and their PCs) can see what they look like in competition. Include hitters and catchers if you don't mind the time and effort. Talk to the HC about 1) the value of this and 2) explain that for your the sake of your DD's development you don't want to be an on-the-field coach. Most Ps probably have a PC anyway so you can beg off on not wanting to contradict or confuse. Here's the clincher, tell him that many teams have PCs, but hand him a business card and ask him how many can claim that they have a Pitching Video Consultant.

Love it....it is limitless...and you will be the busyest one there....helps me keep my mouth shut, Plus DD loves it....warning don't post her strike out video's on FB...start a Private Group...in FB... got lots of victims mad LOL...also you can do speed readings with a good camera...better than a gun...and circle times ect...............College Skills video ect....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd