What size and brand of Glove does your DD use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2013
My 10U daughter is breaking in a 12" Akadema AJB74. She's still really working it in so keeps her Easton Natural Elite ready for her.

Jun 24, 2011
We got a Mizuno Classic Pro GCP10X, 12" baseball pitcher's pattern, a week ago. Greased it up with Nokona butter, used some Aso method break-in (all except the water,) some shoeshine on the web and a LOT of catch, and it's pretty close to game ready.

Apr 1, 2010
DD uses a 12" Mizuno MVP (at third, mostly) when not catching.

I am waiting to see what positions they want her to play on her HS V or JV team, before looking at new gloves, but the 12" seems to do pretty well all around--when she doesn't trot out to 3rd with her catcher's mitt. :-D

Here's something I've been wondering about. DD used to want to play every position with her Mizuno GXS-92. She loved that old thing and was very adept with it, but she has put that mitt away in favor of one with more padding for catching. However, if she were to spend time at first (either TB or HS), could she use that fairly lightly padded GXS92 as a 1B mitt? I've heard of girls using 1st base mitts to catch, but I've never heard of the reverse.

Jan 14, 2011
Michigan
So my DD has worn her glove into retirement over 3 years. Of course if was an inexpensive Mizuno glove that as served it purpose to this point. She loves it the old things but tonight asked if I would get her a new one for the Spring. She plays 12U. So for some good reading over the weekend I am asking you all the following?

Based on your DD's position; what size and brand gloves has she used?
And what has been a nice investment for the money. I am more looking for input on fielding gloves for position player's, not so much catchers for this exercise.

And.....Go....

Typically, Infielders and Pitchers will use 11.5" - 12.5" while outfielders use bigger gloves (12.5" - 13". Of course, this is influenced by whether your DD has small hands or large hands. Importantly, Fastpitch Softball Gloves (as opposed to Slowpitch Softball gloves) have narrower finger stalls and smaller palm pads (relative to men's softball gloves) to accommodate the girls' generally smaller hands.

We review and recommend Infielder/Pitcher Gloves, Outfielder Gloves, First Baseman Mitts and Catcher's Mitts in 3 price ranges: 1) Under $100, Between $100 - $200 and 3) Over $200. Also we provide information regarding selection and each manufacturer's recommendation for the caring of gloves. We don't sell any gloves or mitts.

May 10, 2013
USA
My 8yo DD uses a 11.5" Mizuno Supreme Fastpitch model that we bought at Dick's for $60 they also broke it in right at the store. it is a little to big for her but I think a little to big is better than a little to small for her.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Typically, Infielders and Pitchers will use 11.5" - 12.5" while outfielders use bigger gloves (12.5" - 13". Of course, this is influenced by whether your DD has small hands or large hands. Importantly, Fastpitch Softball Gloves (as opposed to Slowpitch Softball gloves) have narrower finger stalls and smaller palm pads (relative to men's softball gloves) to accommodate the girls' generally smaller hands.

We review and recommend Infielder/Pitcher Gloves, Outfielder Gloves, First Baseman Mitts and Catcher's Mitts in 3 price ranges: 1) Under $100, Between $100 - $200 and 3) Over $200. Also we provide information regarding selection and each manufacturer's recommendation for the caring of gloves. We don't sell any gloves or mitts.

THX....can you fast track me to where I can get an SSK...link ect. And a link to your review of one... THX AGAIN

Nov 21, 2012
New England
13yo dd plays p, ss, 1b. Uses worth liberty fpx 12.5" (discontinued). Loves the glove, but it is definitely longer than the easton ne 12.5" she had last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez