What shoes to wear for indoor pitching?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
Yes right where it drags.. Catchers typically get it worse than pitchers. Its extremely resilient. I use permatex 84145, but try what you have laying around. If not you can buy it at some auto parts stores, home depots... i hate Amazon but they have it also. Just clean it well. Baseball players love the shiny stuff, so you have to scuff it with sandpaper.

I'm an internet guy. Try it on old shoes and let me know. Its not coming off

Thanks will try this.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
steeltoed.jpg

May 23, 2015
Thanks will try this.
Let me know how it goes. Shoes are impossible to recommend so it's an easy solution. This way you can work with comfortable shoes and not buy based on the tie alone. One tube can do several pairs

Keep a bbq lighter or hair dryer close by if you want it perfect. The heat will pop air bubble and thin the epoxy

Jul 21, 2012
Ringor turfs don't come in wide or my daughter would use those. We just buy a cheap pair of Boombah turf shoes and duct tape the toe. She used to have to pitch on cement at her old lesson and her shoes took a beating but lasted at least a year. I buy the ones on sale and try to keep it to $20.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Alright heres a trick for pitchers or catchers shoes. Get 2 part epoxy, clean the heck out of the offending shoe and glue it up. Pay close attention to where the sole and upper join. I go 1/2" beyond and drag marks. Ive done it to over 30 years. Works perfectly and its cheap and lightweight

Don't believe it? Try it on some worn out shoes.
Yes! Put epoxy 1st while tacky, ADD a hardy thick piece of leather! and more epoxy!

May 4, 2020
What are your DDs wearing for indoor pitching? Specifically, what shoe would you recommend that can handle the abuse on the toe area?
I found some turf shoes, which could work, but was wondering if there are other options?
My DD uses NB turf shoes for indoor pitching. They are holding-up well.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Alright heres a trick for pitchers or catchers shoes. Get 2 part epoxy, clean the heck out of the offending shoe and glue it up. Pay close attention to where the sole and upper join. I go 1/2" beyond and drag marks. Ive done it to over 30 years. Works perfectly and its cheap and lightweight

Don't believe it? Try it on some worn out shoes.

Volleyball shoes then Epoxy.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
( not for pitching, for agility and catching manuevers)
Turf shoes sometimes arent as grippy as i prefer.
So i wear Saucony trail running shoes.
Grid Raptors.
Shoe's with All-Terrain performance!
Wear them on the field also!

MUST... RESIST... SPENDING... MORE... MONEY...

Seriously, I was planning on the Nike Turfs, but these look better!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Tuff Toe Pro V2 turns any comfy tennie into an indoor pitching shoe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.41.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.41.44 PM.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 31

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32