What motivates your DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2012
Used to be ice cream. Mom made the mistake of offering up DQ for a double to DD when she was 11 and she cashed in on next at bat with a triple and started asking if she could get a larger ice cream treat for a bigger hit. Right now she's a senior in the last 8 weeks of her softball career and she wants to go out with a bang in the worst way.

DQ! I made that mistake for catching a pop up as a catcher when my DD starting catching. 3 years later, she still gets the DQ smirk on her face when she catches one. I'd discontinue the practice, but hey its an excuse to go to DQ.

Jun 18, 2010
Last two tournaments our team has struggled hitting. I offered a bribe before last weekends tournaments that if they run ruled any team or put up 14 runs or more in one game I would buy ice cream. I figured that was a safe bet. The last game on Saturday they run ruled a team and afterwards I am out $36 at DQ... Apparently DQ is the universal motivator.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
After a dinner Monday night with my 17 yr. old DD and my parents, during which DD gave us a rather frank presentation of her pedal-to-the-metal, go-for-the-throat-and-never-let-go attitude towards softball (which appalled my mother, but amused my dad), I would have to say what motivates my DD is your DD's tears. And pizza.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
My dd is motivated by the thoughts of a steak dinner after the game
Mine is motivated by Frappes.
That said, when we go to hitting lessons(which is followed by her pitching) if her pc isn't gonna be there she usually tells me she is super tired and doesn't wanna pitch after hitting. But after being there and seeing other girls there working out(usually older more developed pitchers) she quickly changes her tune and decides she wants to pitch and then wants to take grounders until I have to make her leave. Kids!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Mine is motivated by Frappes.
That said, when we go to hitting lessons(which is followed by her pitching) if her pc isn't gonna be there she usually tells me she is super tired and doesn't wanna pitch after hitting. But after being there and seeing other girls there working out(usually older more developed pitchers) she quickly changes her tune and decides she wants to pitch and then wants to take grounders until I have to make her leave. Kids!

Thats exactly why I like to set up batting lessons with 3 girls at a time.

I really wish we could find a group (girl group) strength and speed training class.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
Just wanted to make you all a little jealous. Our 10 u team is sponsored by DQ, and we get dilly bars often as an after game snack. When I have to pay for any DQ bribes or rewards, I get the coaches discount. Best sponsor ever!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523