What is your current Situation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your current situation?

• Total voters
Feb 3, 2016
I have 13 girls including my DD rostered for 2020.
Started the team at the end of August 2019.
None of this was planned (long story)

Lucky enough to get several girls that we played with and had the privilege to help coach years ago. Nice to have them back together.

Added a dedicated pitching coach (former college pitcher) to our staff to fine tune the instruction and keep the pitchers advancing.
Two out of three coaches are non parent coaches so no Daddy ball issues.

Started the season with no pitching last August and picked up one girl that pitched previously and 4 others are in training and working extremely hard. So 5 pitchers currently.

One player is hurt from another sport and probably won't be able to play Softball in 2020.
Horrible deal. Sucks.

Not sure about the status of another player.

Signed up for 12 tournaments as of today.

Final uniform order to be sumitted January 15th for the new girls that joined over the last few months. Fan gear shop to open in 10 days.

Fund raising in January and hoping to pull in an extra 1000 to 1500 by February.

Probably need rotator cuff surgery. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2019
DD is 3rd year 10U. Season is going good so the team is looking for a national tournament to play against to see where they are at. PGF seems to difficult to get into and there are none based in WA

Nov 18, 2018
DD is an 06 playing 14u for her 2nd year. In this area there is a lot of PGF tourneys so that is where you will find us.

May 20, 2015
DD1 is 16u & plays on her high school varsity team as well - i coach her in travel, looks like she'll be a varsity captain as a soph this year

DD2 is in 8th grade, led my middle school team to championship last year, also plays 14u - will be nice to see her play with her sister again next year

DD3 started last year with tee ball, should be there again (they actually do some coach pitch from up close, but tee ball rules) - she turns 6 next month

I assist with the high school, did coach middle school (think i am stepping down tomorrow), and also coach 16u travel

i never had any intention of coaching my kids or coaching softball - had previously coached youth basketball & LL way back in the day when my little bro played.....coached varsity football & wrestling, middle school track & cross country (i teach PE)......a need developed, i stepped in, and never looked back.......absolutely love it

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Daughter is 8. I didn't realize how few young ones there were on this forum until this poll - wow. She started playing t-ball (baseball) with her twin brother when they were 4, and moved over to softball last spring for the first time at age 7. The team didn't have a catcher, so her and another 7 y/o split time catching the fastest pitcher in the 8U division. This fall she ended up catching exclusively and really growing in to the position. She played on the holiday tournament team and got to experience more competitive play, and stepped up nicely.

It looks like she'll be playing up in 10U for the spring. Her fall manager and a coach that knows her from her spring season want her to play on their teams. Evals are this weekend so we'll see how that goes. The pitching in 8U during the fall was...not good, and I don't see it getting much better despite more players in the spring. It's just one of those bad cycles in the league. So 10U it is (most likely).

Jul 1, 2019
DD is second year 12U, playing PGF, USSSA A, USAES for travel and also playing for her 7th grade team this year. For travel they've put together a pretty tough schedule for us. We're expecting to win some games, but not expecting to take home trophy's from PGF yet (we've got some hella good girls, just need to make some adjustments as our fall was pretty limited due to weather in our area, and 4 of our 11 are new to this team so the they haven't got the whole puzzle together yet). USSSA we expect to do well and see some championship games.

She's excited about school ball, but also realistic about the situation. We know most of the girls from our area and are expecting DD, three other girls from high B level travel, 5 girls from mid-low B level travel, and a couple more from Rec. Not really sure what to expect. DD should hands down have the #1 pitching spot, sharing time we assume with a couple others who've got some pitching experience in B but lack consistency. DD should find herself on the field even when not on the mound, she's tough as nails defensively and plays a true utility in TB, though most off mound time is at 2nd. Open workouts start this Sat for school so we'll see what we've got soon enough.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
DD1 is a JUCO sophomore, looking to transfer. She is starting her 4th year of umpiring.

DD2 is a HS freshman, and she's starting her 2nd year of umpiring.

DD3 is in the process of being potty-trained and is looking for a solid 3U team that can utilize her unique milk-drinking talents to their fullest potential.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13